Padre Pio

• Thread starter Thread starter JudeGerard
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JudeGerard

Padre Pio really interests me. Can any of you give recommendations on good books or articles pertaining to the life, works and spirituality of this Saint.

I don’t have a book to recommend but EWTN has a great film on him.

I read a very good booklet on his meditaions on the suffering of Christ. It’s called The Agony of Jesus, written by Padre Pio. He really helped me visulize Christ’s suffering in Gethsemene. I recommed it!

Padre Pio’s life through his own writings and through the eyes of fellow Priests and contemporaries,

/multimedia/http://www.ewtn.com/padrepio

Padre Pio Books

discountcatholicstore.com/new_page_22.htm

collection.php3http://www.prayrosary.com/shoppingcart/pio

Padre Pio Videos:

catholic-forum.com/saints/stp27comv.htm

Interesting articles:

1000questions.net/en/padrepio/temoignage1-en.html

catholicity.com/commentary/20020522.html

ad2000.com.au/articles/2002/jul2002p3_1052.html

catholicmodesty.com/PadrePio.html

padrepio.com/index.html

padrepio.com/app9.html

Thankyou for the links everyone,

A truly inspirational figure. I was happy to see about the journalist converting. I always feel really good when i hear of skeptics coming to!

Read these articles people, that you may be inspired to walk closer with Christ like this man.

I’ve begun reading, Secrets of a Soul, Padre Pio’s Letters to His Spiritual Directors. The letters were written from 1910-1921

“You must ask one thing only of our Lord: to love Him. And all the resst is thanking Him” St. Pio

40.png
JudeGerard:
Padre Pio really interests me. Can any of you give recommendations on good books or articles pertaining to the life, works and spirituality of this Saint.
Hello,

I read a wonderful book about Padre Pio entitled “Padre Pio: The True Story” by C. Bernard Ruffin.

marianland.com/Padre17.html

ny sites or books, but my favorite saying of his is “The proof of love is to suffer for the one you love.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back