Paganism? What is it?

• Thread starter Thread starter lovethetruth
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lovethetruth

I hear we are neo-paganism? But what exactly does this mean? Can you also compare it to a civilization like for instance the Aztecs, they were seeped in paganism, yet they were also very technologically advanced for their time. So, how does paganism infiltrate a society? And what are it’s fruits? From whence does this paganism begin? Just lots of stuff on paganism and examples would greatly help. Just a thought I’ve been pondering, I can’t put my finger on it, but if our society is going toward paganism, then what gods does this society worship. Obviously they don’t worship the one True God, the only God there is. I also think there is a going backwards toward superstition and fear, these two go together I believe. A denial, a lie, a false truth, does this sound familiar? That paganism would only support superstitious things as they saw fit for their own purposes, rather than the truth that brings you back to morality? For certain I can say I hear more about people doing witchcraft, astrology on tv, newspapers, radio, and then there is the new age religion which allows every kind of anything to this religion. Could New Age be a doorway to paganism being embraced by people again through a diifferent “name”

Just as the term “Eastern religions” refers to Buddhism, Hinduism, Taoism, etc., the terms “Neo-Pagan” “Neopagan,” and “Pagan” refer to a collection of separate religions that share a few common themes.

A Neopagan religion is a modern faith which has been recently reconstructed from beliefs, deities, symbols, practices and other elements of an ancient religion. For example, the Druidic religion is based on the faith and practices of the ancient Celtic professional class; followers of Asatru adhere to the ancient, pre-Christian Norse religion; Wiccans also trace their roots back to the pre-Celtic era in Europe. Other Neo-pagans follow Roman, Greek, Egyptian or similar ancient tradition.

Paganism encompasses a wide range of beliefs that all have a general theme - a lack of belief in a trancendent personal God. For a great resource on pagan beliefs, I would recommend reading the book, “The Di Vinci Hoax” by Sandra Meisel and Carl Olson. This book also effective rebuts the ludicrious assertions in Dan Brown’s homage to gnostic and radical feminist beliefs, “The Di Vinci Code”.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back