Palm Sunday

  • Thread starter Thread starter Virginia51
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Virginia51

Guest
I just started RCIA and so far had the pleasure to attend mass for the second time ever. I am just completely in Awe. I never realized how much depth there was to the church. Palm Sunday was special and certainly an experience. I walked in to the church and was handed a palm frond and was like OK??? What do I do with this??? and then I met with the RICA team and they explained what was going on. I never realized or knew 😃 I couldn’t help but beam when the father prayed and sprinkled the water on everyone and everything for the palms. It made me feel so good and happy inside 😃 and then the procession in to the church was so special. what an awesome time 😃 I cant wait until next year 👍
 
Welcome home to the church. Thank you for sharing your excellent Palm Sunday experience. I sang with the choir for the first time yesterday, and I also really enjoyed my first Catholic Palm Sunday. I’m the only one in the choir who sings bass, though I am more of a low tenor. I am also in the process of joining the church, and I started in November of last year. You will enjoy the journey, even if you have any struggles along the way. It is a beautiful church and has the majesty, power and authority handed down from Jesus through his Apostle Saint Peter.
 
Welcome home. God bless you on your RCIA journey. There will be many more awesome experiences to discover.
 
Praying that this is the week that changes your life forever 🙂
Peace be with you!
 
I just started RCIA and so far had the pleasure to attend mass for the second time ever. I am just completely in Awe. I never realized how much depth there was to the church. Palm Sunday was special and certainly an experience. I walked in to the church and was handed a palm frond and was like OK??? What do I do with this??? and then I met with the RICA team and they explained what was going on. I never realized or knew 😃 I couldn’t help but beam when the father prayed and sprinkled the water on everyone and everything for the palms. It made me feel so good and happy inside 😃 and then the procession in to the church was so special. what an awesome time 😃 I cant wait until next year 👍
We had a very nice Palm Sunday Mass also. If you can make it to the Easter Vigil Mass on Saturday night, you will experience the most beautiful Mass of the whole year! When I was in RCIA (in 2004) I attended my first Easter Vigil, and have only missed one (the flu) since then. Have a blessed Easter! 👍
 
Welcome home. God bless you on your RCIA journey. There will be many more awesome experiences to discover.
Yes there will be many more wonderful experiences. Joining in prayers for abundant blessings for your journey and those of all in RCIA converting.~

Mary.
 
Welcome home, Virginia51! I wish you lots of peace and joy for your RCIA journey. I can truly appreciate your excitement. I began RCIA toward the end of last summer and am thrilled to be coming into full communion with the Church on Saturday, during the Easter vigil. I’ve been blessed to be part of a wonderful RCIA group, and our catechists have been incredible!

This forum has also been a great place for me. Feel free to read, share, and ask questions. There are some fabulous souls here!
 
Thank you all. I cant wait until Sunday. I wouldn’t miss it for anything :D:thumbsup:
 
Welcome home to all of you who are currently in RCIA, or have recently finished. 👍
We had a very nice Palm Sunday Mass also. If you can make it to the Easter Vigil Mass on Saturday night, you will experience the most beautiful Mass of the whole year! When I was in RCIA (in 2004) I attended my first Easter Vigil, and have only missed one (the flu) since then. Have a blessed Easter! 👍
I wholeheartedly agree that the Easter Vigil is definitely the most beautiful Mass of the entire year!
Thank you all. I cant wait until Sunday. I wouldn’t miss it for anything :D:thumbsup:
As Cal said, Easter Vigil is a beautiful experience. It’s a bit like Midnight Mass is for Christmas. Most parishes start it sometime between 11:00PM and midnight (you might want to check with your parish). It is truly awe inspiring. The music, the lighting of the fire, the procession with the candles and all the rest of it is just amazing. You will love it! 😃
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top