Parish Renewal -CRHP?

• Thread starter Thread starter toutestgrace
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

toutestgrace

My parish is in a slump - low attendance, lower financial giving, “vanilla” (not out-of-bounds liberal, but not cleanly orthodox) liturgy. I’ve volunteered to be on an evangelization task force and we’ve been told to think outside the box. I have some ideas, but I know that CRHP (Christ Renews His Parish) may come up. What is this program, really? Info seems sketchy when I research it. Has anyone had experience with it, good or bad? Thanks for the help — and any suggestions would be most welcome!

I’ve experienced it - it re-vived my faith after being a luke-warm Sunday-only Catholic for a long time. I should say God used it, among other circumstances in my life, to bring me back to my faith. It was the start of a journey for me. It has done the same for many people in my parish.

Sorry I don’t have details for you, I just wanted to encourage you to pursue it.

CRHP is awesome. You say your parish needs help, go to the source. It is fairly easy to do and should grow itself. Everyone at my parish is so involved and active. It sometimes takes 45 minutes to get out after Mass. I recommend it to everyone. It changed me completely.

The CHRP experience varies from parish to parish and person to person. The team who presented it to our parish was pleasantly surprised to have our priest say Mass for us twice and hear confessions. We also had Adoration. At the presenting team’s parish, they did not have these. I can’t imagine a Catholic retreat without these. Some of the presenting team members really put a lot of pressure on those of us attending to continue passing the CHRP retreat experience on to others and some of us could not make the time committment. The prep time for a retreat is approx. 6 months of meeting once a week for a couple of hours each time. I have a friend who has been involved in CHRP for three years now and it has done so much for her. It has helped her meet more parishioners and she has lots more friends and support. I enjoyed the retreat but I am already very involved in parish life. So it depends on what a person’s needs are, I guess. I do think it’s a good thing for most parishes who need a kick in the pants in getting more people involved in parish activities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back