Parishes in the Niles, IL area?

  • Thread starter Thread starter totheeast2008
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

totheeast2008

Guest
My family is probably moving to Niles, IL which is north of Chicago around the Arlington Heights, Des Plaines, Park Ridge, Skopie area. I am willing to travel up to 30 minutes to go to parish that respects and promotes the teachings of the church, where the homilies are actually on the readings and where there is a general atmosphere of commitment to the churches teachings including the not so popular teachings eg. divorce, contraception, fornication, etc. I live in a very small town in the southeast so I am excited to be possibly moving to place where -statistical speaking- there is more of a likelihood:thumbsup: to find a good parish.

Thanks in advance.
 
My family is probably moving to Niles, IL which is north of Chicago around the Arlington Heights, Des Plaines, Park Ridge, Skopie area. I am willing to travel up to 30 minutes to go to parish that respects and promotes the teachings of the church, where the homilies are actually on the readings and where there is a general atmosphere of commitment to the churches teachings including the not so popular teachings eg. divorce, contraception, fornication, etc. I live in a very small town in the southeast so I am excited to be possibly moving to place where -statistical speaking- there is more of a likelihood:thumbsup: to find a good parish.

Thanks in advance.
St. Lambert in Skokie, IL would be the best parish closest to you, mainly because pastor is solid and does offer Mass in the EF in I believe one Sunday a month.

Or, you can try St. Mary of the Angels (staffed by Opus Dei priests) or St. John Cantius (the “mother” of the TLM in the midwest), but these are closer to downtown Chicago.
 
I’d have to second Norseman’s rec of St Lambert’s in Skokie for the simple fact that Fr. Richard Simon is the best priest I’ve ever come across. He’s aka Reverend Know It All. He’s just so awesome. He also does Go Ask Your Father on Relevant Radio a few times a week, so give him a listen.

I dont live down there anymore, but I still make the occasional trip down about once a year just to go to his mass (and confession if he can squeeze it in.)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top