Past sins

  • Thread starter Thread starter TheOne33
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TheOne33

Guest
For the past few months some embarrassing, sinful things that I have done a while back have been coming to mind.I have confessed the ones I remember, but every time I confess one a new one comes to mind. It’s a very repetitive and humiliating cycle. What should I do about this?

By the way, most of these things have happened at least a few months ago if not a year
 
The same thing was happening to me a couple of years ago. When you remember something just confess it. You can explain to the priest that a particular sin was committed in the past. Just make sure you don’t re-confess the same thing over and over again because that can be a sign of scrupulosity.
 
You don’t need to confess those sins. A good confession forgives all sins, even ones you forgot to confess despite a diligent examination of conscience. I would suggest saying a brief prayer to God of sorrow for those sins, and a prayer of thanksgiving that those sins were forgiven by God.
 
You don’t need to confess those sins. A good confession forgives all sins, even ones you forgot to confess despite a diligent examination of conscience. I would suggest saying a brief prayer to God of sorrow for those sins, and a prayer of thanksgiving that those sins were forgiven by God.
If they are unconfessed mortal sins --yes one is obliged to confess those sins in the next confession after one remembers them.

If venial sins --then yes one need not confess them.

Jimmy Akin of CA explains: jimmyakin.com/2006/09/a_reader_writes_1.html

(note --some out there struggle with scrupulosity – and want to confess various things they need not…their regular confessor can guide them)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top