• Thread starter Thread starter onebzzymom
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
O

onebzzymom

Please help. A good friend of ours was just diagnosed with
liver cancer. Doctors say he may have only six months to live. 😦
Is there a patron saint for patients with cancer?

Thank you and God Bless

Dear friend

You may also like to call on the intercession of St Therese of Liseux, who suffered much in health herself although not with cancer, but her intercession for anyone who suffers in health is very powerful

I will keep you and your friend and their family in my prayers , in Christ Jesus all things are possible.

God Bless you and much much love and peace to you always

Teresa

Thank you John Q. We deeply appreciate the info and especially
the prayers.

God Bless You

Teresa,
Thank you for recommending St Therese. I can’t believe
she didn’t come to my mind. You have to pardon me,
I am a cradle catholic coming home after a long absence.
There is so much I don’t know, but believe me my heart
is wide open and never will be shut again!

Blessings friend

Hi
This past year, after losing a part of my right lung to lung cancer and while on the table receiving Radiation therapy, I called on the Blessed Mother, St Martin de Porres, Padre Pio, St Jude, Mother Teresa, Pope John XXIII and my infant son Michael to pray for me.

I believe God heard their prayers and showed mercy.

40.png
onebzzymom:
Teresa,
Thank you for recommending St Therese. I can’t believe
she didn’t come to my mind. You have to pardon me,
I am a cradle catholic coming home after a long absence.
There is so much I don’t know, but believe me my heart
is wide open and never will be shut again!

Blessings friend
Dear friend

Oh what joy for heaven and all of humanity ! 🙂 Heaven rejoices over you, God’s daughter. I think when we were younger we weren’t told much and we just accepeted what we were told, so we just happily plodded along in the faith or lost interest either way, it didn’t work for all of those in the faith and for whatever reason a person falls away from the faith, there is no shame on your head when you return, only glory, because it glorifies God when one of His children return to Him, no need to be sorry, there is nothing for you to be sorry for. No-one knows all about the faith, only Christ Jesus , the Holy Spirit and God the Father knows that!

Your open heart, love and committment until death to walk with Christ Jesus in His Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church is all Jesus requires of you, sounds easy but it isn’t, it’s hard for me, it’s hard for everyone especially in this society, so pray for me and I’ll pray for you

‘If anyone loves Me they will obey My commandments’

Please try and offer a Holy Mass for your friend and their family, it is the MOST powerful prayer of the Church, ask a Priest to offer a Holy Mass for this intention.

God Bless you and much love and peace to you always xx

Teresa

40.png
robertaf:
Hi
This past year, after losing a part of my right lung to lung cancer and while on the table receiving Radiation therapy, I called on the Blessed Mother, St Martin de Porres, Padre Pio, St Jude, Mother Teresa, Pope John XXIII and my infant son Michael to pray for me.

I believe God heard their prayers and showed mercy.
Dearest Robertaf

I had no idea you had been so seriously ill and my heart, spirit and love is with you.

You called on a powerful array of Saints, your prayers were heard dear friend…Prayer, the power of God invited in conversation with Him into our lives, pray pray pray and never cease, pray all day in everything we do

God Bless you and much love and peace to you always dearest friend

Teresa

Teresa,

We just got back from mass, so I was unable to respond back sooner. Thank you so much for your kind words. I had thought
of offering a mass for our friend. Also, tonight in the church bulletin
I read that they are starting a prayer list for those who are ill. Needless to say I am calling our parish early tomarrow morning.
Thanks again for your prayers and friendship.

Blessings

40.png
onebzzymom:
Teresa,

We just got back from mass, so I was unable to respond back sooner. Thank you so much for your kind words. I had thought
of offering a mass for our friend. Also, tonight in the church bulletin
I read that they are starting a prayer list for those who are ill. Needless to say I am calling our parish early tomarrow morning.
Thanks again for your prayers and friendship.

Blessings
Dear friend

Thank you for your reply and kindness.

I hope your telephone call went well to your parish and that a Holy Mass will be raised for your friend and their family and also that your friend will be added to the Parish sick prayer list. I am sure this is the case. I will remember your friend in my prayers, also at Mass and throughout my day and I will light a candle before our Blessed Mother and say a little prayer for them and their family.

It is no good to just to pray for the sick person, we must also pray for the person concerned and the whole of their family and friends who suffer with them.

Please keep me informed and I am always with you in my heart, prayers, spirit and thoughts.

God Bless you and much love and peace to you always and to those you love xx

Teresa

40.png
onebzzymom:
Please help. A good friend of ours was just diagnosed with
liver cancer. Doctors say he may have only six months to live. 😦
Is there a patron saint for patients with cancer?

Thank you and God Bless
I don’t know where you live so don’t know if this will help. There is a chapel for St Peregrine at the San Juan Capistrano mission in Southern California. They have two of his first class relics there.

I prayed there before my surgery. [Fortunately the surgery had high probability of success and went without incident.] I also bought [from a religious supply company] a small [2 inch] statue of him which I keep on my prayer table.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back