Patron Saint of Self Mutilators

• Thread starter Thread starter PioMagnus
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PioMagnus

I have a friend who cuts herself and I am trying to help her find a good intercessor—who would it be?

Thanks a bunch,
Pio Magnus

40.png
PioMagnus:
I have a friend who cuts herself and I am trying to help her find a good intercessor—who would it be?

Thanks a bunch,
Pio Magnus
Saint Michael the Arcangel. Your friend has one of a possible two things: 1. demonic influence. 2. Psychological disorder. Saint Dymphna is another good one.

Hi there,

here’s a website that has a list of all patron saints by topic and name

catholic-forum.com/saints/indexsnt.htm

Pio Magnus already made some great points, though. I personally like Mary Magdalen if your friend is a female, she’s the patron saint of women (among other things )
Bless you and your friend, I hope she can find help

I think St. Dymphna is a great one.

In Nervous or Emotional Distress I turn to you, dear virgin and martyr, confident of your power with God and of your willingness to take my cause into your hands. I praise and bless the Lord for giving you to us as patron of the nervous and emotionally disturbed. I firmly hope that through your kind intercession He will restore my lost serenity and peace of mind. May He speak to my heart and reassure me: “My peace I give you. Let not your heart be troubled nor let it be afraid.”
Pray for me, dear St. Dymphna, that my nervous and emotional turmoil may cease, and that I may again know serenity and personal peace.
Amen.

*St. Dymphna, Virgin and Martyr, pray for us.
St. Dymphna, patron of nervous and emotional illnesses, pray for us.
St. Dymphna, crowned for the glory in heaven, pray for us.
St. Dymphna, faithful to your covenant with Christ, pray for us.
St. Dymphna, precious in the eyes of the Lord, pray for us.
St. Dymphna, our helper in every need, pray for us.
St. Dymphna, our friend at heave’s court, pray for us.
*I pray a novena to St. Dymphan every night and will include your friend in my prayers.

How about Sts Perpetua and Felicity, a Roman noblewoman and her servant who were thrown in the colisseum to be gored by wild animals as their sentence of death for adhering to the Christian faith.

40.png
PioMagnus:

Thanks a bunch,
Pio Magnus
I once read a book on St. Margaret Mary Alaqoquet (sp) She was French. It’s been long enough ago that the details are fuzzy but if my memory serves, she was really hard on herself, used to eat dirt and wear those shirts that rip the skin (can’t remember what they are called) I beleive she gave us devotion to Eucharistic Adoration? I’m probably wrong here, having a senior moment. But, you might want to look her up.

God fortune,
Elizabeth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back