I have been asked where this is in the Bible that Paul was taught by Jesus for three years in the desert?
I did a search and found web sites that state this but they weren’t clear what scripture they were relying on.
I have not heard this before. Am I just skipping over the scripture?
Help!
From reading various sources, this is what I personally deduced:
Acts 9……Paul’s coversion is sometime after the death of Stephen (Acts 9).
Between 1 to 3 yrs after conversion, he goes to the Desert of Arabia…(Gal 1:17)….for prayer and reflection.
Then he goes to Damascus (Gal 1:17) for a period of three years….where he starts debating in the synagogues.
He flees the City and goes to Jerusalem to meet with Peter……Acts 9:20-25)…and (Gal 1:18).
Then another visit to Jerusalem later, (Gal 2:2)…to present the Gospel that I preach to the Gentiles so that I might not be running, or have run in vain (Gal 2:2). While there on this first visit he stayed for 15 days and also met James.
After this visit…he goes home to Tarsus…for another 3 years or so…Barnabas then arrived and asked him to come to Antioch and help him evangelize there (Acts 11:25-26)…he stays there for about a year…then goes again to Jerusalem to deliver a collection for the poor and returns to Antioch…
Then the events of Acts 13…where he is ordained and sent on his first missionary mission for the Gentiles… The leaders of the Church at Antioch were praying and received instruction from the Holy Spirit to Set apart for me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them (Acts 13:3).