PBS and the Counter Reformation

  • Thread starter Thread starter Catholic_farmer
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Catholic_farmer

Guest
I always had a lot of respect for PBS here in the States. I never went so far as to donate money, but I thought of them as basically good. However, they seem to have a serious anti-Catholic slant, lately. Or perhaps it’s just me?

I was looking up the Counter Reformation and found this helpful site from the UK:

historylearningsite.co.uk/the-counter-reformation.htm

It seems to be fairly honest, to me, anyway.

This, unfortunately, also came up in my search:

pbs.org/empires/medici/renaissance/counter.html
 
I always had a lot of respect for PBS here in the States. I never went so far as to donate money, but I thought of them as basically good. However, they seem to have a serious anti-Catholic slant, lately. Or perhaps it’s just me?

I was looking up the Counter Reformation and found this helpful site from the UK:

historylearningsite.co.uk/the-counter-reformation.htm

It seems to be fairly honest, to me, anyway.

This, unfortunately, also came up in my search:

pbs.org/empires/medici/renaissance/counter.html
I’ve shut off PBS and am in withdrawal but this is fine as I have more time now.

Did you watch it and if so what was it about and what did you object to? Just wondering.

Or what did you read about it? I usually watch these programs just to see what PBS is putting out to viewers…
 
I believe a week ago tonight, they aired the “After Tiller” documentary, this was discussed in the world news section.

As I’ve said before, PBS has quite a bit of good programming as far as learning a language, cooking, even doing art work, painting but this is what they should largely stick to.

It doesn’t surprise me they might air something a member of this forum might deem as controversial or questionable.
 
Don’t get me wrong, they have some great shows, but, I was very surprised how biased some of their programming is. I expected more of an educational program without the political commentary.
 
I always had a lot of respect for PBS here in the States. I never went so far as to donate money, but I thought of them as basically good. However, they seem to have a serious anti-Catholic slant, lately. Or perhaps it’s just me?

I was looking up the Counter Reformation and found this helpful site from the UK:

historylearningsite.co.uk/the-counter-reformation.htm

It seems to be fairly honest, to me, anyway.

This, unfortunately, also came up in my search:

pbs.org/empires/medici/renaissance/counter.html
I’m not sure I understand the purpose of your post. Are you wanting to learn about the counter reformation or are you complaining about anti-Catholic bias on PBS? If you want to know more about the counter reformation you might try these, as the first site you listed seems to be anti-Catholic:

catholic.org/encyclopedia/view.php?id=3445

ignatiusinsight.com/features2005/cconnor_ignatius_aug05.asp

ewtn.edgeboss.net/download/ewtn/audiolibrary/dof05.mp3
 
Did PBS do a show on the counter reformation?

I like frontline and american experience. I am a conservative so I try to look for any bias. If there is, I usually won’t watch.

I didn’t watch the show on Tiller. I forgot to record it.
I am pro-life so the show would have really been disturbing to me highlighting the last 3 doctors who do late term abortions. I got the feeling they were made to look like heroes.

It would not surprise me if they are anti-catholic.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top