Personal stewardship

• Thread starter Thread starter mercygate
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mercygate

What role does stewardship play in your spiritual profile? Do you commit a portion of your income to God? Is tithing (giving 10% of your income) an important part of your spirituality? Do you think giving money to the church is just a way to pay the mortgage or is it something more for you?

I don’t tithe as much as I should, but I’m trying to remedy that. We didn’t tithe at all for years (didn’t go to regular Mass for years, either), and it’s unfortunately hard to pick back up with tithing after so long without doing it. While I know in my heart that God will provide, it’s hard to decide between giving the money to the church or paying the bills. I really don’t think I can deal with bill collectors calling again. Someday I want to go back and see how much I should have paid during those years and give that money retroactively to the church, but I’ve got to finish paying down on the debts we occured during that time first.

I do work for a Catholic website on the side, and I do work more hours a month then they pay me for. It’s not the same as tithing, but I am using my God given talents to help spread the faith. While it doesn’t change my moral view on tithing, it at least makes me feel a touch better about myself. :o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back