Personality after death

• Thread starter Thread starter deb1
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

deb1

I just want to make certain that I am correct in my thinking. My mother has just passed away. She had a mental illness that made her difficult to be around. My brother needed comforting so I informed him that mom would undergo a cleansing process that would take away all her faults and mental illness. She would be left with all the good qualities that we loved. I told him that she would still be uniquely herself, though. Just to make certain that I am correct. Does our basic personality remain after death?

When I was Protestant others made it sound as if after death we became robotic praisers of God. That we couldn’t care a flying flip about our loved ones on earth. Perhaps this wasn’t the impression that others meant to leave me with but it is still what I thought that they were teaching.

40.png
deb1:
When I was Protestant others made it sound as if after death we became robotic praisers of God. That we couldn’t care a flying flip about our loved ones on earth. Perhaps this wasn’t the impression that others meant to leave me with but it is still what I thought that they were teaching.
Care about our loved ones. The generations will pray for the generations. (My nun sister has always told me that) I know when my grandma died boy did she pull us all back to God. The same with my mom some of my family members that were far away from God found him rather quickly.

Robotic praisers of God I would not use that terminology simply the state of having no free will so we are in ecstasy to be with God.
As far as personality good question? I am pretty sure your mothers mental illness would be gone. Because it is our souls that return to God not our minds and bodies.

I’ve always wondered about this. I think our existance after death will be quite different. I don’t think the Church has commented on it, nor has the Bible. Jesus did say that we wouldn’t be male or female.

40.png
FOS:
I’ve always wondered about this. I think our existance after death will be quite different. I don’t think the Church has commented on it, nor has the Bible. Jesus did say that we wouldn’t be male or female.
not sure about the male or female, but he certainly said he’d wipe away all our tears. I think this is what we need to hold onto. A promise of everlasting peace contentment and love.

I think that Jesus, as told in scripture, made it clear that after the resurrection we would be like angels and not male or female. Read these passages.

Matthew 22:23-33 (RSV)

23 The same day Sad’ducees came to him, who say that there is no resurrection; and they asked him a question,
24 saying, “Teacher, Moses said, If a man dies, having no children, his brother must marry the widow, and raise up children for his brother.' 25 Now there were seven brothers among us; the first married, and died, and having no children left his wife to his brother. 26 So too the second and third, down to the seventh. 27 After them all, the woman died. 28 In the resurrection, therefore, to which of the seven will she be wife? For they all had her." 29 But Jesus answered them, "You are wrong, because you know neither the scriptures nor the power of God. 30 For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels in heaven. 31 And as for the resurrection of the dead, have you not read what was said to you by God, 32 I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob’? He is not God of the dead, but of the living.”
33 And when the crowd heard it, they were astonished at his teaching.

40.png
Toni:
Care about our loved ones. The generations will pray for the generations. (My nun sister has always told me that) I know when my grandma died boy did she pull us all back to God. The same with my mom some of my family members that were far away from God found him rather quickly.

Robotic praisers of God I would not use that terminology simply the state of having no free will so we are in ecstasy to be with God.
As far as personality good question? I am pretty sure your mothers mental illness would be gone. Because it is our souls that return to God not our minds and bodies.
Toni,
What a great post…I needed to hear that tonight…Thank you for being God’s instrumentl!🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back