Personalized prayer book

• Thread starter Thread starter Primitive
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Primitive

Has anyone ever made their own prayer book?

I am slowly making one on my computer so I can print it out. I was planning on using many traditional prayers, but adding my own as well.
It will be hard to write my own lasting prayers, but I think it will be useful to give my own heart to God along with other common prayers that fit well into my life/spirituality and I can use on a regular basis.
I am hoping it will give me a solid spiritual life and be something I can always use.

I am looking for suggestions if anyone has ever done this and how well it worked etc…

Thank you 🙂

I myself never have made one, but my father has. He really finds it useful. He has compiled many prayers and has bible verses and even some pictures in it. I think he might have added some of his own prayers to it. It’s convenient for him because he has all of the prayers he likes in front of him.

matt

Yes, Last year I made one, and I think it was one of the smartest things I did. I don’t go anywhere without it. It is has helped me through some hurdles. I would recommend you leave alot of blank pages, so later on after you finish you may add more to it.

40.png
stgiannarocks:
Yes, Last year I made one, and I think it was one of the smartest things I did. I don’t go anywhere without it. It is has helped me through some hurdles. I would recommend you leave alot of blank pages, so later on after you finish you may add more to it.
Did you write any of your own prayers? I have a little trouble with this because I want to give God my problems, but write it so only God knows what I mean by it (since curious eyes may come across it)…and was wondering if it is strange to use personification for things like referring to a person in a objective sort of way etc…
The common traditional prayers are easy, but the personal ones are hard to come up with as I’ve never wrote my own prayers before.

Yes I have a notebook of prayers and notes from Catholic books that I’ve read or am reading. I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back