C
CuriousM
Guest
Ok, after getting some great responses on my thread regarding the Word.
I figured out what may be the bigger issue.
Persons of the Trinity.
God the Father
God the Son
God the Holy Spirit (ghost?)
Ok. Perhaps it’s my jw upbringing, buttttt
In what way do you (Catholics or Christians in general)(but a pagan or atheist could answer as well if you know the answer
) believe that the Father, Son or Ghost are Persons?
I.e. when I think of a person I think of a Person. A person placed in time and space. You, me or Michael Jackson.
That is a person to me.
So, in what way is God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit a person? (I’m sure I butchered the Trinity pretty badly there. The intent is not to focus on the theology of the trinity, though
)
How are they Persons? Why can they be described as persons?
I suppose if we were talking about invisible entities such as a ghost, I don’t know that I would call the ghost a person. More of an entity or spirit.
As for angels…let’s just get through the God part first.
So?
I figured out what may be the bigger issue.
Persons of the Trinity.
God the Father
God the Son
God the Holy Spirit (ghost?)
Ok. Perhaps it’s my jw upbringing, buttttt
In what way do you (Catholics or Christians in general)(but a pagan or atheist could answer as well if you know the answer
I.e. when I think of a person I think of a Person. A person placed in time and space. You, me or Michael Jackson.
That is a person to me.
So, in what way is God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit a person? (I’m sure I butchered the Trinity pretty badly there. The intent is not to focus on the theology of the trinity, though
How are they Persons? Why can they be described as persons?
I suppose if we were talking about invisible entities such as a ghost, I don’t know that I would call the ghost a person. More of an entity or spirit.
As for angels…let’s just get through the God part first.
So?