C
Curious11
Guest
Yep. Good argument
Cino Catholics (Catholic in name only) don’t know the faith. So it would be understandable if they are completely secularized.Obviously this is in complete contrast to church teaching. Is this true of the faithful you know?. I honestly don’t understand this because most of the practicing Catholics I know are very much anti abortion. Do you think this is normal for the faithful or only for Christmas/Easter Catholics that just mark themselves down as Catholics but aren’t really practicing?
May I ask what you mean by “cells”?Cant really say because I’m not totally sure I’d consider cells human beings, for example
Zygotes are quite young humans.Zygotes my friend
One wonders what the priest actually said to prompt a public display. Cleary it was not simply to express the teaching of the church. People attending church will not publicly declare their support for abortion to their fellow parishioners.This is consistent with my experience. I once saw half a church get up and leave during mass when a priest condemned abortion during his homily. Later, the bishop ordered him to call a meeting to smooth things over with the offended parties as they had threatened in letters to withdraw financial support from the church.
I think that is part of the claim. I think another is that the unborn’s lack of consciousness, capacity for self-awareness and the fact that no other person feels a loss etc renders the act neutral.Is a baby less worthy of protection than a 30-year old? If not, then why is a zygote less worthy? Because the life is within the womb and unseen?