Phrases/Quotes of Spiritual Encouragement

• Thread starter Thread starter Roses
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Roses

Dear friends

I would love to read and know of any phrases or quotes you know of either from Saints or otherwise that are of spiritual encouragement. It may even be a quote from Sacred Scripture. Anything really that in times of spiritual adversity or times of spiritual joy, a phrase or quote that lifts your heart and spirits.

A few from Sacred Scripture that always lift my heart are

’No-one can take My children out of My hand.’ (John 10.28)

’I will never turn away anyone who comes to Me’ (John 6.37)

’I have called you by name; you are Mine and I love you’ (Isaiah)

’In the world you will have trouble and sorrow…but rejoice…I have conquered the world.’ (John 16.33)

’I will be with you when you go through deep waters’ (Isaiah 43.2)

’I am with you to save you’ (Jeremiah 1.19)

Thank you in advance

God Bless you and much love and peace to you

Teresa

I love reading 2 Cor 6:1-3 especially after Confession. It reads: "We urge this appeal upon you: you have received the grace of God. do not let it go for nothing."

When I enter a Church I remember Psalm 5 which says "But I through the greatness of your love have access to your house."

I have many more but am tied for time. Will post more later.

Don’t know if Jesus actually said this or not…but in the Passion of the Christ, the line where he looks at Mary while carrying the cross and says, “See Mother, I make all things new again.”

“Let nothing disturb you… let nothing frighten you…everything passes away except God”
Teresa of Avila

Hi Roses, But now,thus says the Lord,who created you, and formed you.Fear not,for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, YOU ARE MINE. When you pass through the water, I WILL be with you;in the river you will not drown.When you walk through the fire,you shall not be burned; the flames shall not consume you. Isaiah 43 vs 1&2. God Bless you Teresa,may Gods Words bring you comfort. 😉

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back