Pilgrimages to the Vatican

• Thread starter Thread starter Teresa9
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Teresa9

Dear friends

I would greatly love to go to the Vatican on a pilgrimage, maybe one day I will. I would love to hear of any pilgrimages people have made to the Vatican and the lasting memories and influences the pilgrimage had on them

Pope John Paul II came to England in 1982 and I went to see him in York, it was a marvelous experience. He celebrated Holy Mass and I remember that day like it was yesterday (I was only 12 at the time). The sheer amount of people that attended, multitudes of people and the atmosphere was electric. I remember his tour through the crowds in his Pope-Mobile, I still can’t believe I have actually seen in the flesh our Pontiff, our successor of St Peter, what a wonderful thing really!!! As every Priest does, the Pope that day brought the Vatican, the faith and Christ Jesus to the people in such a powerful way…I always think to myself, the Vatican came to me…how beautiful!!!

Hoping you post your experiences and thoughts.

God Bless you and much love and peace to you Teresa

I’m currently on holiday in Rome - for a few more days 🙂

St. Peter’s is very impressive as are the other major basilicas (and many of the other churches in Rome). In fact, I’m heading over to St. Paul’s Outside the Walls in a few minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back