Plan your St. Nicholas Celebration at church now!

• Thread starter Thread starter contemplative
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

contemplative

Here is a website filled with great ideas to help you plan the best ever St. Nicholas celebration in your parish. Plan now…plan early…

ours is during our Advent retreats for CCD, older kids plan it, dress up and do a little play about St. Nicholas, then visit the kinder and pre-K classes and leave candy and little gifts in the children’s shoes.

40.png
puzzleannie:
ours is during our Advent retreats for CCD, older kids plan it, dress up and do a little play about St. Nicholas, then visit the kinder and pre-K classes and leave candy and little gifts in the children’s shoes.
Your descriptions of your parish activities always seem to indicate much love and live…wonderful!

St. Nicholas is a favorite of mine.

40.png
contemplative:
Your descriptions of your parish activities always seem to indicate much love and live…wonderful!

St. Nicholas is a favorite of mine.
previous DRE was there for many years and started lots of traditions I would not dream of changing. we had All Saints celebration today, using her materials we found in the file (older catechists told me what to look for). Confirmation I students put it on, they did a wonderful job. Liturgy of the Word, litany of the saints (sung), kids came in saint costumes and gave stories of their saints, each class had a different saint to learn about and color (last week) and report on (this week). Project to take home and complete in the family, craft (haloes) procession, songs, snack. Great time was had by all and we learned quite a lot about saints.

did you know St. Lawrence is the patron of football players? It seems he was martyred by being roasted on a gridiron (at one point telling his torturers" I’m done on this side, you can turn me over now") hence when we call the football field the gridiron we are recalling him. A young man dressed in a football jersey told us this story.

I did the St. Nicholas party years ago…it is the best idea. Not only do the children learn about and celebrate the life of St. Nicholas but they don’t have to go to the shopping mall for a photograph with the commercial elf/man in red and white clothing. It would be great if all parishes could do this. The website I posted in my OP has some great ideas and resources.

You just gave me a great idea. We took pictures for the Noah’s Ark program and VBS, why not individual polaroids with St. Nick? Yeah, and we can make picture frames for the craft. you are so good.

40.png
puzzleannie:
You just gave me a great idea. We took pictures for the Noah’s Ark program and VBS, why not individual polaroids with St. Nick? Yeah, and we can make picture frames for the craft. you are so good.
Polaroids can be expensive compared to digitals. Take digitals and then print them out or have them printed. Someone in your parish might be good at digital photograpy and printing?
Parent & gandparents will really appreciate the picture.

40.png
contemplative:
Polaroids can be expensive compared to digitals. Take digitals and then print them out or have them printed. Someone in your parish might be good at digital photograpy and printing?
Parent & gandparents will really appreciate the picture.
I think that is what we did for VBS, parent brought a portable printer and we reimbursed her for the cartridge and paper, will have to contact some parents for help. great idea, thanks, I am woefully lacking in tech smarts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back