Please don't laugh-Can we pray the rosary anywhere?

  • Thread starter Thread starter FullOfThought
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

FullOfThought

Guest
As title says, can we pray the rosary anywhere? Even in the bath when relaxing?
 
Yes anywhere. I do it while showering. You can do it while walking down the streets. Anywhere. I in fact recommend you to do it.

“The Rosary is a powerful weapon to put the demons to flight and to keep oneself from sin…If you desire peace in your hearts, in your homes, and in your country, assemble each evening to recite the Rosary. Let not even one day pass without saying it, no matter how burdened you may be with many cares and labors.”
Pope Pius XI

“You always leave the Rosary for later, and you end up not saying it at all because you are sleepy. If there is no other time, say it in the street without letting anybody notice it. It will, moreover, help you to have presence of God.”
–St. Josemaria Escriva

“If you say the Rosary faithfully until death, I assure you that in spite of the gravity of your sins, you shall receive a never-fading crown of glory. Even if you are on the brink of damnation, even if you have one foot in Hell, even if you have sold your soul to the devil as sorcerers do who practice black magic, and even if you are a heretic as obstinate as a devil, sooner or later you will be converted and will amend your life and save your soul, if and mark well what I say – if you say the Holy Rosary devoutly every day until death for the purpose of knowing the truth and obtaining contrition and pardon of your sins.”
St. Louis de Montfort
 
I try to pray on the train every day.

I figure that, so long as you’re not committing a grave sin or anything like that, you can pretty much pray anywhere.
 
The only time I could imagine prayer being a bad thing is if it were not being done with the correct intention-doing it for “show” or something like that.

I carry a single decade Rosary in the pocket of my work uniform and pray it during downtimes. I find it helps bring my focus back to what really matters.
 
I pray the Rosary on the bus during my commute in and out of town every day. A decade or two here, another there. Also nice to do on evening walks. Or wherever and whenever, with all due respect of course.
 
I’ve had the same question… and I’m sure many, many others have as well. Thanks for asking this!! 🙂
 
A Priest at my college group Mass back when I was in school spent a whole homily telling us about the “holiness” of the bathroom. In his opinion it is one of the best places to pray. It’s a room with a big mirror, a scale, and you aren’t going to be looking your best in there. It’s a place of humility. It’s also a place where no one else can bother you. If your place for peace and quiet is in the tub then go for it!
 
A Priest at my college group Mass back when I was in school spent a whole homily telling us about the “holiness” of the bathroom. In his opinion it is one of the best places to pray. It’s a room with a big mirror, a scale, and you aren’t going to be looking your best in there. It’s a place of humility. It’s also a place where no one else can bother you. If your place for peace and quiet is in the tub then go for it!
So it’s okay to do spiritual reading there? 🙂

To answer the OP, I pray my rosary as I drive to school (a finger rosary or a one-decade is advised, for safety reasons).
 
Well… personally, I would be scared of dropping the rosary in the water and damaging it so in order to ‘keep my rosay pretty’, I would not take it in the tub. But I would definetly recommend praying when you are relaxing in the tub. It is a great peaceful place and chances are better of hearing God.

I remember when I was younger wearing tight jeans and it would hurt to kneel in them. So every night before bed I would take them off and before putting on my PJ bottoms kneel by the bed and pray, then put my PJ bottoms on. Not sure how I got into that habit :rolleyes:.

But it did cross my mind, that perhaps was not the most respectful way to pray. It had nothing to do with modesty but everything to do with respect. ie making a little effort before prayer.

Now, at times when I am doing house work, I offer it up to God ie I say ‘Dear Lord, I hope you see the effort I am making scrubbing this floor as a way to thank You I have a home’

CM
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top