Please...I need help! :-(

• Thread starter Thread starter Shoshana
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Shoshana

I thought the thread for ‘Perpetual Prayer for Priests’ would’ve flourished due to the many comments and concerns on priests on different threads. I believe there is a great need to pray for our priests…although I realize that most of us do pray for them individually. But being in a community like this one, the power of prayer would be greater. One only needs to pray a decade of the rosary…or even a few Hail Mary’s to help this out. ‘When two or three are gathered in My Name, there shall I be…’ This also works on the internet as I have had many experiences of the Holy Spirit here on Catholic Forums.

Please take a few minutes to add your own beads for the holiness of our priests all over the world…if anyone has a suggestion please feel free to bring them forth.

Thank you for your time…here is the thread: forums.catholic-questions.org/showthread.php?t=83796&page=5

Dear Shoshana,

I hear your heart, and I’m with you in spirit - totally! Every time I go to daily mass, I have two special priests that I included in my mass intention. No better prayer than the Mass! Rather than spend time typing a whole decade on a forum, it seems more profitable to just pray in my heart. I’d bet you have a lot of people praying silently that don’t feel comfortable typing.

There was a nasty post yesterday about our clergy and happily the moderators have edited it. But it reveals a mind-set of some people’s spirits that we need to correct, as well. I’m going to begin a thread to complement your beautiful ministry, in the hopes of inspiring others to watch their rants.

As always, God bless you and your work,
Carole

I also pray for all the priests I know and the celebrant of any Mass I attend. And have added to the Rosary for priests, too.

We pray for our priests!

But this seems more a specific question as to why do many of us not post in the “pray for our priests” thread.

I know for myself, its a question of format. If it was a hop-in-and-say-your-own-prayer, I’d be there in an instant. Just like the perpetual prayer of priase that was going on for a while.

However, the thread has turned into a rosary thread. My apologies, but I really don’t feel like I’m praying when I’m repeatedly typing out the words to the same prayer over and over again (or even copy-pasting it.)

I guess what I’m trying to say is that the format of the thread doesn’t actually lead me to pray for our priests. So I haven’t been very involved with it.

Josh

40.png
threej_lc:
We pray for our priests!

I am much aware of that fact…but as a community it would be better…

But this seems more a specific question as to why do many of us not post in the “pray for our priests” thread.

Yes, you are right…

I know for myself, its a question of format. If it was a hop-in-and-say-your-own-prayer, I’d be there in an instant. Just like the perpetual prayer of priase that was going on for a while.

If you want to interject your prayer, you are welcome to do so. Nothing is stopping you at all. If you have noticed, between mysteries, there is a prayer for priests from different Saints and sources. Please feel welcome to do this anytime. The thread on Perpetual Praise did not last long…it may just be the attention span is not there…I do not know. The fervour just flutters away…we are human!

However, the thread has turned into a rosary thread. My apologies, but I really don’t feel like I’m praying when I’m repeatedly typing out the words to the same prayer over and over again (or even copy-pasting it.)

That is fine. I repeat if you want to interject, or anybody else for that matter, any spontaneous prayer anytime, anywhere during the thread. You are more than welcome! 🙂 All prayer is good…if we are sincere…👍

I guess what I’m trying to say is that the format of the thread doesn’t actually lead me to pray for our priests. So I haven’t been very involved with it.

You are being honest and I appreciate that. The reason for all of this was explained on the Volume 1 thread and Fr Corapi believed it was essential to pray for our priests and especially the rosary. This led me to this and after asking permission from the mods, it was granted to me.

Josh
Code:

40.png
Joysong:
Dear Shoshana,

I hear your heart, and I’m with you in spirit - totally!

Thank you so much for your kindness…
Every time I go to daily mass, I have two special priests that I included in my mass intention. No better prayer than the Mass!

Yes, you are right…there is no better prayer than Mass. But we cannot say Mass on line…
Rather than spend time typing a whole decade on a forum, it seems more profitable to just pray in my heart.

Praying in the heart is good also…but the point of the thread is to gather some people to join in and as our Lord says, 'When 2 or more are gathered in My Name, I am there.'or ‘When two agree on somehting it shall be granted unto you’. This cannot be done on a personal level…but the internet is an excellent means to band together for our priests. I will gather the notes from Father Corapi to share with you why I feel this way…
I’d bet you have a lot of people praying silently that don’t feel comfortable typing.

I do not degrade any prayer from the heart…we are to do that also…but if typing is not comfortable for one person, it is okay.

There was a nasty post yesterday about our clergy and happily the moderators have edited it. But it reveals a mind-set of some people’s spirits that we need to correct, as well. I’m going to begin a thread to complement your beautiful ministry, in the hopes of inspiring others to watch their rants.

Maybe you could share some of this stuff on the very same thread. This could expand to accomodate more people. The Rosary will be ongoing, there could prayers interjected and if you share stories here and there, it can get concentrated in one thread instead of so many…my parish priest and spiritual director is showing the link of prayer for priests to his diocesan priests to show them that there are people who pray fo rthem. Our priests need to see this also for their moral support!

As always, God bless you and your work,
Carole
The same to you Carol!
Code:

My original post starting this thread…

This past week-end I was blessed to attend Fr John Corapi’s conference in Hamburg. Although I was aware of a need to pray for our priests, his talks brought it home in full force. We know he preaches the word of God as only a prophet can but he is paying a price for doing so. I was appalled to hear that he needs 5 bodyguards whever he goes as he receives death threats all the time (as he did in Hamburg). There are also people who try to defame him in all imaginable ways. As he said, some of these people are mentally deranged but there are some that are crafty. I believe the devil is behind all of it.

He said the devil has the priests where he wants them. Alone. If the world sees a priest with a woman, he is having an affair. If the world sees him with a man, he is a homosexual. And if he is seen with children, the world questions their motivation.

We know that priests are a pure gift to the people of God. We must pray for them, cherish them and befriend them. If we have no priests, we have no Jesus. I invite everyone to join me in this crusade of a perpetual Rosary to intercede for them with our Mother Mary and ‘pray the Gospel’. These were Father John’s words when we pray the Rosary as he encouraged everyone to say it every day. We pray the Gospel! What better way to bring them before the throne of God?

Without much more ado…:bowdown:

40.png
katy:
I also pray for all the priests I know and the celebrant of any Mass I attend. And have added to the Rosary for priests, too.
Code:
Thank you Katy, and may God bless you richly!!!

40.png
Shoshana:
I was appalled to hear that he needs 5 bodyguards whever he goes as he receives death threats all the time (as he did in Hamburg). There are also people who try to defame him in all imaginable ways. As he said, some of these people are mentally deranged but there are some that are crafty. I believe the devil is behind all of it.
Wow. That is beyond shocking. He is such a holy man and powerful, inspiring speaker and priest.

Hello Shoshana,
Maybe you could share some of this stuff on the very same thread. This could expand to accomodate more people.
Do you think that is wise to interrupt a prayer thread? In a new separate thread, I tried to encourage people to be aware of the honor and respect due to our clergy, in spite of their failings or apparent disregard for Church teachings, but you may have seen the result. Hmmm. as if God’s omnipotence is limited by a closed thread. 😃

So often I remember the example of David with regard to King Saul. Even though God had rejected Saul, David’s beautiful spirit refused to “speak a word against the Lord’s anointed.” No wonder God loved him!

My soul sunk as I read the awful situation regarding Father Corapi, but it shouldn’t have surprised me, for even Pope John Paul was assassinated. Those who are most spiritual are subject to the greatest abuse and attack from the serpent. I believe it bears witness to their ministry being “armed and dangerous” and an affront to the devil, who will marshall all the powers of hell to stop it or lessen its effectiveness.

I happened to think of a way to support your thread without typing, Shoshana, and I will begin at once. My prayer will be the silent type, but I will give the sign of it … :gopray2:

God be with you!
Carole

40.png
Joysong:
Hello Shoshana,

Do you think that is wise to interrupt a prayer thread? In a new separate thread, I tried to encourage people to be aware of the honor and respect due to our clergy, in spite of their failings or apparent disregard for Church teachings, but you may have seen the result. Hmmm. as if God’s omnipotence is limited by a closed thread. 😃

So often I remember the example of David with regard to King Saul. Even though God had rejected Saul, David’s beautiful spirit refused to “speak a word against the Lord’s anointed.” No wonder God loved him!

My soul sunk as I read the awful situation regarding Father Corapi, but it shouldn’t have surprised me, for even Pope John Paul was assassinated. Those who are most spiritual are subject to the greatest abuse and attack from the serpent. I believe it bears witness to their ministry being “armed and dangerous” and an affront to the devil, who will marshall all the powers of hell to stop it or lessen its effectiveness.

I happened to think of a way to support your thread without typing, Shoshana, and I will begin at once. My prayer will be the silent type, but I will give the sign of it … :gopray2:

God be with you!
Carole
Code:
Thank you Carol for whatever you…I have noticed you did interject on the Rosary Thread with spontaneous prayer…there is abolutely no problem with that at all. I just see it as enriching the incensing! 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back