Please Pray for a friend

• Thread starter Thread starter ATexasCatholic
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ATexasCatholic

I have a friend that spent six weeks in I.C.U. three years ago due to his drinking and drug use. He got out of the hospital and started going to church and was doing very well, until recently. We live in different towns so it is hard for me to see him. We talk on the phone a lot and lately I have noticed he has changed, he has been angry all the time. He wants to attack his friends and say how they are all against him (not true they all want to help him). Another friend has told me that he has started drinking again. He knows this because he went to get him out of jail; he was picked up on a D.W.I. charge. I ask everyone to remember him in your prayers, that he quits drinking and will go get the help he needs.

Thank you and God Bless

Dear Friend

Be assured of my prayers for your friend. I will remember your intentions also at daily Mass and in my daily Rosary.
Fergal
Ireland

I will pray for your friend. I know someone who goes through these cycles of doing good and then returning to old habits. We are all sinners. We know how hard it is to break bad habits. I Pray that your friend will finally reach that point through the grace of God, that he wants to make a radical conversion.

Remember the workers in the field. Each was given a full day’s wage. Even those who had only worked a short time. The Lord is generous with his compassion and his mercy.

How sad…
Please know I will remember your friend in prayer…you, also.
Its hard to sometimes be friends and talk to people who have problems like your friend…You must be a caring person. I will pray for you both.
God Bless

Absolutely… I’m keeping your friend in my prayers. I’m praying that he “hits bottom” soon.

Because he suffers from alcoholism… as evidenced by the facts that you just told to us… his alcoholism is impacting those around him, like you and your friends.

So I’m also praying for you and anybody at all who knows your friend, too.

You’ve probably heard about Alcoholics Anonymous (AA)

aa.org/

The Big Book is online here: recovery.org/aa/bigbook/ww/

but maybe you haven’t heard about AlAnon or Alateen for anybody at all who knows someone who suffers from alcoholism?

AlAnon sure helped me when I had a boyfriend who as wonderful as he is, also suffered from alcoholism… and therefore was impacting me, as well.

You don’t even need to be in the same town as that person to go to those meetings – which are ALWAYS free.

Are you troubled by someone else’s drinking? Ask yourself these questions for whether AlAnon or Alateen is for you:

dallasal-anon.org/20_questions.htm

Alcoholism is a family disease because ONE person’s alocholism affects everyone else the family… did you grow up with a problem drinker? Ask yourself these questions for whether AlAnon or Alateen may help:

dallasal-anon.org/alcoholism_is_a_family_disease.htm

You may call the Dallas Al-Anon Information Service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at (214) 363-0461.

To help them, you have to help yourself first. Call An-Anon/Alateen at:

1-888-4AL-ANON (1-888-425-2666)

www.al-anon.alateen.org

al-anon.org/

Additionally, you can call Al-Anon Family Group Headquarters, Inc. at 888-4AL-ANON (888-425-2666), Monday through Friday, 8 am to 6 pm ET for meeting information.

How to locate a meeting for YOU:

al-anon.org/meetings/meeting.html

I did a google search for you and came up with these sites for AlAnon in Texas.

dallasal-anon.org/

oneexdrunk.topcities.com/

alcoholicsanonymous.9f.com/

As “they” say… take what you need and leave the rest.

I’m praying for your friend… and for you, too.
👍

TexasCatholic, I am praying for your friend, (as well as for you and his other friends). I have added all of you to my Rosary prayer list. I know how important prayer can be in overcoming problems of this sort. :gopray2:

John

I know this is a late post but I will pray for you and your friend also. I am a recovering alcoholic and also had to hit bottom before I was willing to get help with my problem in AA. I’ve been sober 16 years now and never would have been able to stay sober without AA. I will pray that your friend hits bottom and finds AA, because until he hits bottom he will most likely continue drinking. The post by Veronica Anne has excellent information for both you and your friend. Always remember that you and your friend are always in God’s hands. Take care and God bless.

Geraldine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back