Please pray for a miracle....

  • Thread starter Thread starter LovingHim
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LovingHim

Guest
I haven’t been on for several months. I have not been well. I come begging for prayers. PLEASE!

My physical health has been doing poorly for quite some time. I do not ask for sympathy, and I do not ask you to pray for physical recovery. That is God’s will and plan, and I remain under a good and trusted doctor’s care, as well as in the hands of a very loving and caring husband.

What I ask is that you please pray for another problem that is seemingly taking over me. My health issues have caused me to become severely depressed and I’ve seemingly lost all joy and peace and intimacy with God, even though I remain in a state of grace, and have a very healthy and happy sacramental marriage. These trials are far worse than any pain my physical problems cause me to endure, and far more taxing, which only causes my physical illness to worsen. The worst part of all is it’s Christmas, a time when we are supposed to experience great joy and happiness, peace with God and all around us. The thought of it all is too much to bear right now. It feels far more like Good Friday than Christmas. I feel ashamed that I can’t experience happiness even at God’s birth, but my mental state takes over all, leaving me exhausted, weak, and even physically worse off than before. My illnesses have only caused a bought of serious depression one other time, and it took a miracle to get better. Nothing else worked, not medicine or psychology, only a miracle of prayer. When the depression was lifted, my other conditions improved some too, even if only for a short time. And, even when they returned in full, they were easier to endure with the depression lifted, and my spirit at peace with God. Please help me pray for another miracle, even this Christmas! A Christmas miracle! Pray that I can feel joy and happiness and peace with God once again. PLEASE! Thank you so very much! May you be richly blessed this Christmas. You remain in my thoughts and prayers. :hug1:

P.S. Yes, this is posted in another forum, but I need all the prayers I can get. Thanks!
 
I ask Jesus kid blessings for you in your overwhelming sadness…which isn’t very surprising if you are physically ill and it’s affecting your spirit.

This is an odd response, but it’s the prayer I landed on in my writings.
Desire to help others

God please intercede in me all my life for other people. Accept as prayer, my desire to help others, and bless them in all our interactions. Accept as prayer for others, every breath, heartbeat and cell of my body, every thought, word and act of my life. Let all I am as child of God, be united with Your love for others. Let me become a living “amen” to all Your loving hopes and dreams for other people. This can only be realised through Your merciful love, which You reveal through Jesus in those who follow His ways.

Allow Your Spirit in me to spiritually locate the sad and abused, lonely and despairing, anywhere in any age, so that I may obtain the word or touch that decides them for life, goodness and love. I wish no person, however wretched or sinful, however lukewarm or obnoxious, to feel overlooked. Yet if only I were not such a poor instrument. Yet in this period of history, a two-dollar piece of paper with a few hopeful symbols upon it, can win even as much as twenty million dollars. Likewise let me ‘win’ Your Mercy (which each trusting soul can win) so that I may truly be able to help others. February 2002

I ask You to heal any way I fail to live with spontaneity and joy, and enhance my capacity to cheer and bless others. I ask You to heal any way I fail Your loving dream of me, and any failure to promote the fulfilment of Your dreams for anyone. I trust You to heal anyone who judges me, of the burden of their judgement, as it may pointlessly distract and irritate them. Bless anyone who sees the reflection of God’s grace in me. Bless those who welcome me as a friend.

Thank You for the love, affection, attentiveness and affirmation that You inspire in me for others. Help me to flourish joyfully as the person whom You created me to be. Bless anyone who sees the reflection of God’s grace in me. Bless those who welcome me as a friend.

Thank You for the love, affection, attentiveness and affirmation that You inspire in me for others. Help me to flourish joyfully as the person that You created me to be.
 
Commitment
God, for sake of souls, I commit myself and my entire life—past, present and future—to Your mercy and love. I welcome Your unlimited power to use me, not merely finitely, but infinitely, in Your service.

Have mercy upon everyone You wish to benefit through me, and do not let my limitations or doubts curtail Your use of me as vehicle of blessing or vessel of honour.

My faults are fragile barriers to the flood of Your grace, as I live Your will and have faith in Your powerful love. I trust in Your love to accept this submission and make it complete. Deepen my trust in Your will to use Your limitless power of love even in me. Lent 1980

“A spark of pure love is more precious before God, more useful for the soul, and richer in benedictions for the Church than all other works taken together.” (St John of the Cross)

One life to give
Dear God, there are many beautiful, generous, wise and productive people in this world and throughout time. These ‘fully human, fully alive’ individuals are floodgates of abundant blessing to others and of great joy and glory to You.

But I, I have many flaws and often make mistakes. I am inconsistent in charity, faith, wisdom and commitment. Forgive me, God. Yet even if I am less wise and less good than many others are, I have merely this consciousness, this body, this life that I can give You. There is no other self over whom I have right of decision and offering.

Only by Your miracles of grace can I give this ‘me’ totally, and in the way that You wish for Your delight and for others’ benefit. Please make it so, according to Your hope. September 2005
I consecrate my entire life to You. I cannot change others’ paths, but with Your Spirit, I can love You with all my heart, soul, mind and strength.

I have only myself to give. Please take all. Never let me go. Make me increasingly Your own. Let me live and accomplish, all that You dreamed of me from loving eternity. March 2005
 
Praying for a miracle for you.

*Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided. * *Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my mother; to thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me. *
Amen.
 
I am praying for your heart, mind, and spirit to be filled with the joy of Our Lord’s birth.

Here is a prayer which I hope will be of help to you:

Prayer against Depression - by Saint Ignatius of Loyola

O Christ Jesus,
when all is darkness
and we feel our weakness and helplessness,
give us the sense of Your presence,
Your love, and Your strength.
Help us to have perfect trust
in Your protecting love
and strengthening power,
so that nothing may frighten or worry us,
for, living close to You,
we shall see Your hand,
Your purpose, Your will through all things.

catholic.org/clife/prayers/prayer.php?p=616
 
In your sufferings you are sharing in the forsakenness that Jesus felt on the cross. Remember that God never leaves you even though you may feel that way for awhile. I don’t know why, but I have been in the same depressed mood for almost a year. Christmas does magnify the issue even more. I pray that you may experience some comfort and joy through Christmas and into next year. There are many blessings and prayers sent to heaven for you. Peace :signofcross:

I will ask Mary to pray for you now.

Hail Mary, full of grace
The Lord is with thee
Blessed are you among women
And blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus
Holy Mary Mother of God pray for us sinners now
And at the hour of our death.
Amen
 
Lord Jesus, hear our prayers for LovingHim. Bless her and fill her with the light of your presence. May she know beyond any doubt just how much you love her. Give her again a joy in your presence and sustain in her a steadfast Spirit. Give her the grace and mercy to get through this difficult time. O God of hope, let her not despair. May she abandon herself entirely to your providence, knowing that your Spirit is ever with her and will bring her safely home. Let her know that you never abandon anyone who hopes and places her trust in you. Jesus, may your beauty shine in LovingHim’s soul, warming and inflaming it with your holy love. Let her know how excited you are to enter her heart once more this Christmas
Amen
 
I want to thank you all for praying. It was strange, but amazing. Shortly after I posted this request for prayers, I read something on here that gave me a spark of joy and hope. I was able to remain in that state the whole evening and my husband and I had a better time together than we’ve had in months. It was perfect. I can’t say as I feel so great today, but every little bit counts. I know your prayers are helping me so much. I will get better one day, I just know it! (HUGS)

Thank you so, so , so much. God bless you all and have a Merry Christmas! (HUGS) Again and again, THANKS!
 
God Bless you too, have a very special Christmas!
May Baby Jesus flood your heart with his love
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top