J+M+J
Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon them. May their souls, and the souls of all the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace.
Lord Jesus, You said in the Sermon on the Mount, “Happy are they who mourn, for they shall be comforted.” I pray that You please send Your Holy Spirit to comfort and strengthen the family members and friends left behind by Herb and Mildred. Assure them, as the prayer from the Mass of Christian Burial says, “For Your faithful people, life has changed, not ended”; even in the midst of their grieving, may they also remember that, for those who have lived according to Your will, an eternal reward in heaven awaits. I ask that they will be given an increase in their hope to look forward to reuniting with their loved ones one day. All these things I pray in Your Name and Blood. Amen.