Please pray for our priests! Fr. John Corapi

• Thread starter Thread starter Shoshana
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Shoshana

Fr John Corapi was in Hamburg over the week-end and he shared many things. But, I would to highlight what he said about being a priest in these days…what shocked me the most (and I am still shaken) is that he needs 5 burly bodyguards for his own protection. :eek: He received death threats even in Hamburg and I witnessed the bodyguard. :eek: He kept his eyes on anybody who came near him. OH1 how sad! :crying: What a terrible lonely life…let us love them to death…

1. *]Pray for our priests.
    *]Pray the rosary daily.
    *]There is only one priest, Jesus Christ. A priest enters into His priesthood.
    *]A priest performs the sacrifice at mass. He is taken up in Christ as a sacrifice.
    *]Gift of celibacy breathes spiritual life into the Body of Christ.
    *]Priests should be transparent.
    *]All the errors of the world is the priests’ fault…if he is holy, then they are holy.
    *]We will not have the protection from evil without them.
    *]So the priest, so the world.
    *]No priest, no Eucharist.
    *]A priest is seen with a woman, then the world thinks he is having an affair.
    *]A priest is seen with a man, the world thinks he is a homosexual.
    *]A priest is seen with children, the world questions his motivation.

40.png
Shoshana:
Fr John Corapi was in Hamburg over the week-end and he shared many things. But, I would to highlight what he said about being a priest in these days…what shocked me the most (and I am still shaken) is that he needs 5 burly bodyguards for his own protection. :eek: He received death threats even in Hamburg and I witnessed the bodyguard. :eek: He kept his eyes on anybody who came near him. OH1 how sad! :crying: What a terrible lonely life…let us love them to death…

1. *]A priest is seen with a woman, then the world thinks he is having an affair.

1. And a few years ago he went on to make the point that this is causing the priests to live in isolation, and because of that isolation they are attacked more vigorously by Satan.

Shoshana said:
:crying: What a terrible lonely life…let us love them to death…

1. *]Pray for our priests.
    *]Pray the rosary daily.
    *]There is only one priest, Jesus Christ. A priest enters into His priesthood.
    *]A priest performs the sacrifice at mass. He is taken up in Christ as a sacrifice.
    *]Gift of celibacy breathes spiritual life into the Body of Christ.
    *]Priests should be transparent.
    *]All the errors of the world is the priests’ fault…if he is holy, then they are holy.
    *]We will not have the protection from evil without them.
    *]So the priest, so the world.
    *]No priest, no Eucharist.
    *]A priest is seen with a woman, then the world thinks he is having an affair.

1. Everyone should take a good hard look at this list and get on their hands and knees to pray for our priests… I used to have a prayer for priest called: “The beautiful Hands of A Priest”…anyone have it?

My friend went to that convention, too. She said that Father Corapi gets lawsuits against him, too. Yikes!! Satan is out to get him for speaking the truth.

I’ve been thinking about our priests and how we, as families, should invite them for dinner, watching football games on tv, etc. If this is done as a family then nothing can be accused. Or at least it limits it.

I’m going to talk to my husband about it. I think the priests would rather enjoy a family setting than go out to dinner.

40.png
buffalo:
And a few years ago he went on to make the point that this is causing the priests to live in isolation, and because of that isolation they are attacked more vigorously by Satan.
Code:
He also said this in different words…thanks buffalo! Btw, you have excellent pizzas at Blasdell. Went with my spiritual director and a group of us. Wonderful hospitality! Kudos to Buffalo, NY! :clapping: You too, buffalo…😉

We also visited the church of Our Lady of Victory! Wow! Going in there was like being back in Rome…Fr Baker’s story makes me think of Mother Angelica’s story! :dancing:

I feel so blessed to be a Catholic…thank you Jesus for this great grace! ❤️

I do not know if this should be a sticky. . Annunciata had a good point that everyone should read the notes from Fr Corapi. I know the mods are very vigilant and maybe they will read this and they can decide whether it is important.

I have just finished reading the life of St. John Marie Vianny, the Cure of Ars who is the patron saint of parish priests. I advise everyone to read his life!

I have a great love for our priests. How blessed we are to have them!

Here is a prayer that I have recently begun praying:

Daily Prayer for Priests:

O Jesus, I pray for: your faithful and fervent priestns, your unfaithful and lukewarm priests, your priests laboring at home ir abroad in distant mission feilds, your tempted priests, your lonely and desolate priests, your young priests, your dying priests, and the souls of your priests in purgatory.
But above all, I recommend to You the priests dearest to me: the priest who baptized me, the priests who absolved me from my sins, the priests at whose Masses I assisted and who gave me Your Body and Blood in Holy Communion, the priests who taught and instructed me; all the priests to whom I am indebted in any other way (especially…). O Jesus, keep them all close to your heart and bless them abundantly in time and in eternity. Amen. ( by th St. Therese society)

My friend, Peter Kwan, before he died gave me the Catechism explained by Fr. Corapi on video. Often times when I am lonely I turn him on the television and am glad to learn from such a wonderful teacher. He is my greatest ‘sensai’.

Many people are critical of priests today… which is good in a way because so many aren’t teaching the truth any more. But, we must pray for those who go astray all the same. I know that many priests who are faithful to the Magisterium are often attacked by ‘Catholic’ who reject the glory of the teaching of Holy Mother Church. We must pray for them too.

When you find a good priest - support him, even if he is not always kind. I notice at my parish there is one priest who is very zealous in the Faith, but overburdened, since it is such a large parish. I go to Padre Pio after Mass and pray for him and all our priests. Remember John Vianney and little Philomena too in your prayers for priests… as they will help them too. John Paul II, the Little Flower & St. Max are also glad to help them… but we need to ask them for their help in our prayers!

Pax et Bonum

I heard Fr. Corapi talking about this on the radio the other day and alluded to it today.

I"m sure Satan considers him (and rightfully so) to be a very powerful foe. He is so close to God, which clearly shows through the words he speaks.

Anyway, I just wanted to post this link> it’s about spiritually adopting a priest, seminarian, bishop, archbishop. They will send you a name, and you pray for them for a year, then they send you another name.

opusangelorum.org/Spirituality/Spiritualadoption.html

We very much need to pray for our priests.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back