Please Pray For Us

• Thread starter Thread starter Alterum
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Alterum

As some of you may know, my fiancee (her alias here was Hermione) and I entered a very difficult period during which she rejected Catholicism (and ultimately God). This was due in part to an extreme and obsessive fear of hell, but I cannot now explain all that caused it. Suffice it to say that there was an element of an anxiety disorder.

The week following her rejection, our relationship suffered extensively, and we knew that we could not get married if things continued.

Right now, to prevent ourselves from either hurting each other or making rash decisions, we’ve decided to take a break. Hermione is going to get some help, and I will keep praying. I’m being realistic about this situation, but I still have some measure of hope.

If nothing else, I love her like a sister. This is very difficult for both of us. Several people have pointed out that we’re young (I’m only 19 and she’s 20; we planned on getting married after college). We’ve been together nearly two years. If any of you are going to say anything about “teenage love,” please spare me. I know we’re young and I know that a lot can change; I also know that we are both very mature, we gave each other everything we had in terms of love, we made many sacrifices, and we were always very God-centered.

So, if you have the time, please pray for Hermione and me. Pray for God to grant us wisdom, strength, and love for Him. Pray that, if it is in accord with God’s will, our hopes for our relationship may yet be fulfilled.

Many of you have been so wonderful and so helpful throughout this ordeal. Your kind words, prayers, and advice mean so much to me. Thank you all.

Also, please pray in Jesus’ name that He make Himself known to Hermione, and bring her back to Him.

Sorry, I’m desperate!

40.png
Alterum:
Also, please pray in Jesus’ name that He make Himself known to Hermione, and bring her back to Him.

Sorry, I’m desperate!
Alterum,
I am very sorry to hear about the situation that you and Hermione are going through. I have had the pleasure of corresponding here with her in the past and I respect much of what she has had to say. She is extremely sincere and her heart is most definately in the right place. I will keep the two of you in my prayers. Take care, let Hermione know that we will be praying for your situation to come to a happy conclusion for both of you, and God bless.

You both do have my prayers, even though I’ve only just started here, and have only just begun to see the thoughtful posts that were made. 🙂

Know that the two of you are in my prayers. You may also want to ask St. Dymphna to intercede. She’s especially helpful for those with nervous disorders.

God Bless,

CARose

May Our Lord Jesus Christ lead her back to him and mend your relationship. He is most kind and loving, through him all things are possible. His will be done always.

Know that you are in my prayers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back