Please pray our home sells! St. Joseph

• Thread starter Thread starter perplexed
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

perplexed

We have had our home on the market for almost 5 months and it has not sold. We live in a very depressed town with major job losses. The market is very depressed and houses are over flowing.

It was a long and diificult choice to sell as we are disabled and our home is payed for. We just feel it is time to move due to the neighborhood being neglected and crime has moved in.

We prayed so hard on what to do and we feel it is time to sell. My realtor gave me a St. Joseph Statue on July 7th and we pray his prayer every night and ask for his help and for God to help us. We DID NOT bury him nor will we!

The house next door just went on the market also . Please pray for us. We need to move on .
Thanks !

how long after you prayed the prayer and asked for his intervention did you sell your home? What is the logic in burying him?

I am trying to understand this ! We have the faith that he will intervene for us so how does burying him make a difference?
Thanks!

The legend goes that you bury a statue of St. Joseph upside down and facing your house and St. Joseph will intercede and you will sell your home very quickly. But you must remove him from the ground before you move. Personally, i think it is a little too close to superstition, but very popualr in the New Orleans Area. It is more like a tradition passed down the generations.

yes I know the story, thank you. I just don’t understand the logic in burying the statue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back