Please try the Scriptural Rosary

• Thread starter Thread starter contemplative
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

contemplative

Today while out and about I purchased this scriptural rosary book. Although I am sure this store is OK to purchase from this isn’t where I bought it.

I am so glad that I did. The scriptural rosary just added dimension to this pray that I never experienced before! When I finished praying it I didn’t have that feeling that I f-i-n-a-l-l-y f-i-n-i-s-h-e-d. I felt like I really prayed from start to finish and I felt renewed.

If anyone is struggling with praying the rosary, please try this. It is worth every penny. Please, Please get your hands on this book or something like it.

40.png
contemplative:
Today while out and about I purchased this scriptural rosary book. Although I am sure this store is OK to purchase from this isn’t where I bought it.

I am so glad that I did. The scriptural rosary just added dimension to this pray that I never experienced before! When I finished praying it I didn’t have that feeling that I f-i-n-a-l-l-y f-i-n-i-s-h-e-d. I felt like I really prayed from start to finish and I felt renewed.

If anyone is struggling with praying the rosary, please try this. It is worth every penny. Please, Please get your hands on this book or something like it.
I don’t have the same one as you but I have a scriptural rosary book called The Fifteen Mysteries. Of course that is from 1993 so it doesn’t have the Luminous Mysteries. Does the book you recommend include the Luminous Mysteries?

I have that one, it’s very good. It doesn’t have the Luminous Mysteries because it was purchased pre-Y2K, but I think I’ve seen recent editions that do include them.

Joseph Bilodeau:
I have that one, it’s very good. It doesn’t have the Luminous Mysteries because it was purchased pre-Y2K, but I think I’ve seen recent editions that do include them.
Yes, the recent editions do contain the Luminous Mysteries.

every rosary prayed should be a Scriptural Rosary, in that we should read or recall the scriptural source for each mystery before we begin each decade. Or read a portion of Luke’s Gospel (or John for the Luminous mysteries), before you begin your rosary until you have read all the way through it. The rosary is a wonderful way to pray after lectio divina, as well. Once you have committed the Gospels to memory, as you will when you pray the rosary every day, it is enough to call the verses to mind before you begin each decade. When leading the rosary in public, use a resource that does this, with a brief intro for each mystery to assist the people.

40.png
puzzleannie:
The rosary is a wonderful way to pray after lectio divina, as well. .
I agree.
Once you have committed the Gospels to memory, as you will when you pray the rosary every day, it is enough to call the verses to mind before you begin each decade
I hope my memory serves me that well.

I just bought two more of these little scriptural rosary books for my children.

I have that book (linked to by the OP) – I find it a wonderful aid to meditation on the Rosary mysteries.

I had purchased mine directly from the publisher, and I have been on their mailing list ever since. When the Luminous Mysteries were added, the publisher (Christianica Center) sent me a pamphlet with the new mysteries – it’s the same size as the book, and tucks right into it. I’d still like to get the new version, though (that way I can use the book without the pamphlet falling out).

I believe it’s also available in a number of languages other than English.

Crazy Internet Junkies Society
Carrier of the Angelic Sparkles Sprinkle Bag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back