Pocket Prayer Book?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Melodeonist
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Melodeonist

Guest
I have an awful memory (as I have said many times :o), so I am thinking of getting a pocket sized prayer book. Are there any in specific that you recommend? Is this one good?
 
What prayers do you want? Do you want the Order of the Mass? (this book has this) Prayers for the. Holy Souls? (one reviewer said it didn’t have them)

Can you get to a Catholic bookstore? They will usually have a good selection to check out in person.
 
I don’t know where a Catholic book store is near where I live. I live in the woods in Connecticut, and here, there are way more Protestant related things then Catholic related things.
 
I don’t know where a Catholic book store is near where I live. I live in the woods in Connecticut, and here, there are way more Protestant related things then Catholic related things.
The one you found on Amazon is good for someone new to Catholicism. It will have all the basic prayers, but some fro special needs. And it’s a really good price.
 
I have an awful memory (as I have said many times :o), so I am thinking of getting a pocket sized prayer book. Are there any in specific that you recommend? Is this one good?
These are the Prayers to memorize :

Hail Mary, full of grace.
Our Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Our Father, Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit. As it was in the beginning is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
 
I have an awful memory (as I have said many times :o), so I am thinking of getting a pocket sized prayer book. Are there any in specific that you recommend? Is this one good?
Yes, it’s a very good book – I bought a copy when I was in RCIA and found it very helpful.
 
Try Manual for Spiritual Warfare by Paul Thigpen (TAN Books, 2014). It is available from Amazon which has a number of reviews.
 
Try Manual for Spiritual Warfare by Paul Thigpen (TAN Books, 2014). It is available from Amazon which has a number of reviews.
I did not have the impression that this is a prayerbook for beginners, tho I have been planning to buy it myself 🙂
 
One quality in specific I am looking for in prayer books, is that they are a similar size to a harmonica. That way, I can carry them around. I thank you all for you suggestions, and tips.
 
One quality in specific I am looking for in prayer books, is that they are a similar size to a harmonica. That way, I can carry them around. I thank you all for you suggestions, and tips.
The Pieta prayer book will fit in your back pocket . 🙂
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top