Pope Encourages public Crucufixes

• Thread starter Thread starter Sirach14
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if Crucufixes are to be allowed in public places then I guess the Star of David should also be allowed and any other religions symbols. What is allowed for one faith should be allowed for all faiths!

40.png
Karin:
Well if Crucufixes are to be allowed in public places then I guess the Star of David should also be allowed and any other religions symbols. What is allowed for one faith should be allowed for all faiths!
No! I don’t mean to be mean, but your response is incorrect. Christianity, and only Christianity. I do not want to see a pentagram in public, nor do I want to see someone flaunt it. That is a sign of rebellion against my–OUR–God. Next up, down here in Tampa Bay (where I live), I’ll be seeing Scientology symbols and **** like that. We must be proud that we believe in the Catholic Church, but we mustn’t allow secular, satanic, or humanistic religious symbols to prevail!

40.png
AsStAnselmPrays:
No! I don’t mean to be mean, but your response is incorrect. Christianity, and only Christianity. I do not want to see a pentagram in public, nor do I want to see someone flaunt it. That is a sign of rebellion against my–OUR–God. Next up, down here in Tampa Bay (where I live), I’ll be seeing Scientology symbols and **** like that. We must be proud that we believe in the Catholic Church, but we mustn’t allow secular, satanic, or humanistic religious symbols to prevail!
Well that is really not fair now is it? If this country was only full of Christians I would agree with you but since it is not I dont think your plan is going to work. I for one know that in my town the Orthodox Jews would be up in arms if the crucifix was displayed but not the star of david.

40.png
Karin:
Well that is really not fair now is it? If this country was only full of Christians I would agree with you but since it is not I dont think your plan is going to work. I for one know that in my town the Orthodox Jews would be up in arms if the crucifix was displayed but not the star of david.
So your loyalties lie with some sense of inexact (and completely unatainable) fairness rather than to the public proclamation of that which humanity needs to hear and see most? Hmmmmm…

40.png
Karin:
Oh, I have no problem with the Star of David. I have a problem with secular, satanic, and humanistic religions flaunting their symbols. I know we all have free will, but displaying symbols that are contrary to God is an insult and a mockery to the allowance that God has given us here on earth.

40.png
savrx:
So your loyalties lie with some sense of inexact (and completely unatainable) fairness rather than to the public proclamation of that which humanity needs to hear and see most? Hmmmmm…
I would prefer not to have to see anyones Holy Symbols if every faith cant display them.

40.png
Karin:
I would prefer not to have to see anyones Holy Symbols if every faith cant display them.
Why do you prefer that? I’m not trying to be disrespectful, but what’s wrong with only seeing Christian symbols? We’re Christians, right? We have God backing us up, right? Our symbols represent the true Faith, not some ideas created by imperfect humans.

40.png
AsStAnselmPrays:
Why do you prefer that? I’m not trying to be disrespectful, but what’s wrong with only seeing Christian symbols? We’re Christians, right? We have God backing us up, right? Our symbols represent the true Faith, not some ideas created by imperfect humans.
Because I feel that every religion has and should have the right to display their Holy Symbols. Not everyone believes that the Catholic faith is right…not everyone is Catholic…I do not feel that one religion should be forced on people that do not agree with it. If you want to display a cross or a star of david of a pentagram you should be allowed to. maybe the solution is to allow the display on your front lawn unless all religions can display holy symbols on or in public spaces?!

40.png
Karin:
Because I feel that every religion has and should have the right to display their Holy Symbols. Not everyone believes that the Catholic faith is right…not everyone is Catholic…I do not feel that one religion should be forced on people that do not agree with it. If you want to display a cross or a star of david of a pentagram you should be allowed to. maybe the solution is to allow the display on your front lawn unless all religions can display holy symbols on or in public spaces?!
Well, I don’t want to argue over this issue, or at least, I feel this might get into an unnecessary debate/argument. We should follow our Holy Father’s advice. I’ll leave with that.

40.png
AsStAnselmPrays:
Well, I don’t want to argue over this issue, or at least, I feel this might get into an unnecessary debate/argument. We should follow our Holy Father’s advice. I’ll leave with that.
Agreed a debate /argument is not needed or warranted. 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back