Pope Francis and the Curia begin Lenten Retreat

Status
Not open for further replies.

gpmj12

From the afternoon of Sunday 26 February until Friday 3 March they will spend time in contemplation.

Like the two years prior, Pope Francis and the Roman Curia will again do the Vatican’s annual Lenten retreat on an individual basis this year.

The Vatican said Friday that Pope Francis had invited cardinals living in Rome and the heads of dicasteries to participate in the spiritual exercises “in a personal way” during the first full week of Lent, Feb. 26–March 3.

During that week, all of Pope Francis’ appointments will be canceled, including the Wednesday general audience of March 1, the Vatican announced.

The pope asked the superiors of the Roman Curia to suspend their work activities and to use the five days for prayer.

I too will take some time away to do that with the Pope. If anyone would like some sort of resource, I’m using the daily gospel to contemplate with each morning. Here is a site that provides a good reflection on the daily gospels.

Pray for me as I will pray for all who need prayers today.

Hoping that Pope Francis and the Curia are refreshed and enthused by the Holy Spirit to lead us now through another Lent to the glorious Resurrection of Christ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back