Post abortion friend, ignoring my pregnancy!

  • Thread starter Thread starter FullOfThought
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds like she is struggling with the choice she made. I would pray for her and continue to try to speak with her periodically. If the time is right, then tell her about a Rachel’s Vineyard retreat. She may need it.
 
I’m surprised by how many people think that the OP is unreasonable to expect at least some sort of a warm response from a friend. Some news are worthy of a bit of excitment. These things hurt.

Whatever the friend’s issues are, I’d let her be. Maybe she is suffering because of her decision. Or maybe she doesn’t really care and the friendship is on its way out. If this is the case the only thing to do is to let go. If she desires to stay friends she will make some kind of an effort. It takes two to tango, right? We can’t make people be our friends.

OP, congrats on your pregnancy! Don’t let this bug you too much. Enjoy this wonderful period of your life, despite morning sickness 😃
 
Thank you everyone for all of the responses. You’ve given me a lot to think about.

To the posters who seemed to think that asking for more than an “OMG” is attention seeking then I have to say that your definition of friendship and mine is very different. I wasn’t asking for a parade from her, just polite acknowledgment. There’s a vast difference from being upset to being rude.

I can’t begin to understand how hard this may be for her, and as suggested by many posters I have decided not to contact her until she is ready. It really is awful the never ending effect of abortions 😦
 
Thank you everyone for all of the responses. You’ve given me a lot to think about.

To the posters who seemed to think that asking for more than an “OMG” is attention seeking then I have to say that your definition of friendship and mine is very different. I wasn’t asking for a parade from her, just polite acknowledgment. There’s a vast difference from being upset to being rude.

I can’t begin to understand how hard this may be for her, and as suggested by many posters I have decided not to contact her until she is ready. It really is awful the never ending effect of abortions 😦
If you find that she is not just blithely ignoring you, but that being around pregnant friends has become difficult for her, do suggest that she consider a Rachel’s Vineyard retreat. I have heard very good things about them. It might reduce her suffering, if she could go to something like that.
 
Once on an episode of 16 and Pregnant, the girl and her sister both got pregnant very close to the same time. One chose to keep her baby, and the other chose to abort hers. The sister’s pregnancy was SO hard on the post-abortive girl. It was so sad, she kept saying she was glad she had the abortion, but when, for example, the sister brought home an ultrasound video, she stormed away in tears saying she couldn’t watch it. It was a sad sight to see.

I know it was longer ago for your friend, but I’m sure the feelings don’t just go away.
These “studies” which purport to show little or no psychological repercussions from abortion show you just how dramatically leftists are willing to lie to protect their agenda. 😦 Rob
 
Thank you everyone for all of the responses. You’ve given me a lot to think about.

To the posters who seemed to think that asking for more than an “OMG” is attention seeking then I have to say that your definition of friendship and mine is very different. I wasn’t asking for a parade from her, just polite acknowledgment. There’s a vast difference from being upset to being rude.

I can’t begin to understand how hard this may be for her, and as suggested by many posters I have decided not to contact her until she is ready. It really is awful the never ending effect of abortions 😦
:hug3:
Sounds like a good plan for now…

Congratulations to you and your DH…
 
These “studies” which purport to show little or no psychological repercussions from abortion show you just how dramatically leftists are willing to lie to protect their agenda. 😦 Rob
Definitely =( and this was on MTV, which is extremely liberal. I wouldn’t be surprised if there were even more instances where you could see the girl’s depression.
 
These “studies” which purport to show little or no psychological repercussions from abortion show you just how dramatically leftists are willing to lie to protect their agenda. 😦 Rob
I saw this article yesterday which summarizes a study that was done which concludes that abortion increases the risk of women’s mental health problems by 81%. 😦
 
life.org.nz/suicide/suicidekeyissues/abortion-and-suicide/Default.htm

According to these studies, women who abort carry a much higher risk of suicide than women who continue their pregnancies. The Finland study is “secular, government funded, and based on medical records”. You can’t get much more unbiased that this. This is not a women self reporting she doesn’t feel guilty, or a pro-life bias anecdote. Just cold hard medical facts. Frightening.
 
I’m a walking case study, but I already knew that. I think that postabortive women, once healed and basking in His mercy will turn the tide on the abortion debate. The problem is the same people who argue and vote for abortion on demand are the same ones who make those who obtain one feel guilty, ashamed, and a failure.
 
I’m a walking case study, but I already knew that. I think that postabortive women, once healed and basking in His mercy will turn the tide on the abortion debate. The problem is the same people who argue and vote for abortion on demand are the same ones who make those who obtain one feel guilty, ashamed, and a failure.
I think you’re right! I hope my friend heals really soon!! Wish there was something more I could do for her!!
 
life.org.nz/suicide/suicidekeyissues/abortion-and-suicide/Default.htm

According to these studies, women who abort carry a much higher risk of suicide than women who continue their pregnancies. The Finland study is “secular, government funded, and based on medical records”. You can’t get much more unbiased that this. This is not a women self reporting she doesn’t feel guilty, or a pro-life bias anecdote. Just cold hard medical facts. Frightening.
From a data-analysis standpoint, though, it is going to be wondered how often the depression that lead to the suicide was also what lead to the decision to abort, instead of the abortion itself leading to the depression which lead to the suicide.

Even from the secular standpoint, a close association between depression and the decision to abort ought to raise honest questions, particularly since it is known that childbirth itself also carries a heightened risk of hormonally-induced depression. I am not saying there is no correlations. I am only saying that professionals looking at the data will not be quick to move from correlation to causation. Pre-emptive abortion is no propylatic against post-partum depression, that much seems certain!

Concerning the OP’s friend, it is worth it for her to remember that the decision to abort is very much correlated with depression. Even if the correlation isn’t causative, her friend is probably twice as likely than the general population to suffer from depression and feelings of hopelessness, and perhaps even more so than that.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top