Post-rosary prayers?

  • Thread starter Thread starter robertericleech
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

robertericleech

Guest
This Lent, I have become reacquainted with the habit of praying the rosary daily. I originally started praying the rosary more or less every day in my process of converting to Catholicism, back in 1998, then sort of fell out of the habit [with occasionally disastrous consequences, but that’s another story]. Lately, I am finding it to be a great blessing; it’s like getting reacquainted with an old friend, the Blessed Mother! I had forgotten how powerful it is.

I am wondering what supplemental prayers people like to say at the conclusion of the Rosary, after the Salve Regina. I have been praying the St. Michael prayer. What other prayers make a good conclusion to your rosary?
 
I like to sometimes add the Guardian Angel prayer:
Angel of God,
my guardian dear,
To whom God’s love
commits me here,
Ever this day,
be at my side,
To light and guard,
Rule and guide.
Amen.

I also once in a while add on an Our Father for the intentions of the Pope.

Mary.
 
O God, whose Only-Begotten Son by His life, death and resurrection has purchased for us the reward of Eternal Life, grant, we beseech Thee, that by meditating upon these Mysteries of the Most Holy Rosary of the Blessed Virgin Mary we may imitate what they contain and obtain what they promise. Through the same Christ our Lord. Amen.
 
O God, whose Only-Begotten Son by His life, death and resurrection has purchased for us the reward of Eternal Life, grant, we beseech Thee, that by meditating upon these Mysteries of the Most Holy Rosary of the Blessed Virgin Mary we may imitate what they contain and obtain what they promise. Through the same Christ our Lord. Amen.
The Hail Holy Queen and THIS ONE ^^^^^ are traditional.
God bless.
 
What everyone else said, plus
  • one Our Father, Hail Mary and Glory Be at the intention of the Holy Father
  • Prayer for Our Pope
  • the Litany of Loreto
Also, the St. Michael Prayer is very powerful, you should definitely keep it in your concluding prayers.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top