Power of a Praying Husband

• Thread starter Thread starter keith2002
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

keith2002

Hello folks…

I am interested if any one had read Power of a Praying Husband by Stormie Omartian. I know it is not Catholic but was interested in any peron on the forum has read this book. I don’t want to waste my time if there is a lot of stuff that is contrary to the Catholic faith.

Thanks

This book, while it may have some redeeming qualities, is published by Harvest House, which also puts out some horrible anti-Catholic material, such as A Woman Rides The Beast, by Dave Hunt. I buy a lot of books and I make it a point to not patronize anti-Catholic publishers, just as I make it a point to seek out and buy from good publishers like Ignatius and Sophia, and even a non-Catholic Christian publisher like Zondervan or IVP who, so far, I haven’t seen any anti-Catholic material.

I read Power of the Praying Wife and also the parenting one. While the wife one had less wrong with it, IMO, the parenting one sort of implied that if you just prayed hard enough, nothing would go wrong with your kids. My parents are fundamentalist and there is definitely a mentality that you can just pray enough for whatever you want and you will get it. I feel this is very misleading and also doesn’t take into account how the sufferings and trials we endure can help us grow closer to Christ.

If you don’t have a lot of reading time, I would say pass and read one of Greg Popcak’s books on marriage and family instead.

God Bless,
Nicole

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back