Power of Holy water

• Thread starter Thread starter dizzy_dave
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dizzy_dave

I heard Holy Water from the Easter vigil Mass is the most powerful holy water is this true? I thought it was all the same.

Today, August 1, in the Byzantine Catholic Church,is the day that we bless water. So after the Divine Liturgy, we had some water blessed.
Also in our rite we drink the water after it is blessed. I am sure the power of the blessing of water is enhanced since we drank it after the Liturgy was over.

go with God!
Edwin

Hi,

Holy water has no power, i havent read anything in the bible that says anything about Holy water the only God, Jesus and the holy spirit is holy

40.png
joehardee:
Hi,

Holy water has no power, i havent read anything in the bible that says anything about Holy water the only God, Jesus and the holy spirit is holy
But the clothing of Jesus and the Apostles (and even the shadow of one of them in one case!) had the power to heal. How come?

I believe that all holy water is good—water blessed at easter has more prayers said over it then if the priest makes a sign of the cross over it. I believe that the priest can use the ritual that he uses at easter to bless the water at anytime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back