Power of rosary prayer

• Thread starter Thread starter micatholic
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

micatholic

I took up the Rosary seven months ago in the face of an overwhelming adversary. Sr. Lucia was/is right that there is nothing that cannot be overcome through the prayer of the Rosary. I have made it my cause to do whatever I can to bear witness for the Rosary. I made a simple website as a start. www.holyrosaryshrine.com.

40.png
micatholic:
I took up the Rosary seven months ago in the face of an overwhelming adversary. Sr. Lucia was/is right that there is nothing that cannot be overcome through the prayer of the Rosary. I have made it my cause to do whatever I can to bear witness for the Rosary. I made a simple website as a start. www.holyrosaryshrine.com.
You should consider becoming a member of the Rosary Confraternity. You would have hundreds of thousands of members praying for you ever day you are alive and even continue praying for you after death.
You additionally would share in the Masses, Prayers, Acts of Penance and Apostolic works of over 60,000 members of the Family of St Dominic.
Its also free to enroll. Your obligation is to complete at least 15 decades of the Rosary each week.

www.rosary-center.org

40.png
micatholic:
God Bless you in your venture, I must admit I never liked the Rosary.
I’m even in a Confraterinity, joined it in the late 70’s, but my Rosary prayers were scant to say the least.

Well the evil one surely was playing tricks keeping me away from it.

Now I have grown through perservence to love this prayer, which is after-all in the Gospel, the life of Jesus from birth to death, to His Glorious Ressurection.
I recommend this book >>> marianland.com/appa007.html

The main reason for praying it were, well if Our Heavenly Mother requests it I’ll do it to please Her.

Never give up saying it, it is so powerful amd will bear fruit.

And now I love the Rosary, get behind me satan ! :gopray2:

“The rosary is the scourge of the devil” – Pope Adrian VI

IF it’s not too personal, could you please share your adversary with us? I went to your website and would love to hear more. See I am a Protestant, and am I guess"scared" to pray the rosary.

Blessings
Lee Ann 🙂

May I also recommend “The Secret of the Rosary” by Saint Louis de Montfort. Last Friday I was thinking about this book and wishing I had it, and through a series of small miracles, it ended up in my hands before the day was over 🙂 It was just like a big “I Love You” from God!

40.png
CatholicSam:
May I also recommend “The Secret of the Rosary” by Saint Louis de Montfort. Last Friday I was thinking about this book and wishing I had it, and through a series of small miracles, it ended up in my hands before the day was over 🙂 It was just like a big “I Love You” from God!
Great book, strange but true I bought that book a few years ago, but only last week did I decide to read it.

I was looking for something else in my attic and came accross it.

Another story, don’t even ask, :rolleyes: anyway here’s part of it on the web.

theworkofgod.org/Devotns/Rosary/Rsecrets/secret.htm

40.png
Eireann:
Great book, strange but true I bought that book a few years ago, but only last week did I decide to read it.

I was looking for something else in my attic and came accross it.

Another story, don’t even ask, :rolleyes: anyway here’s part of it on the web.

theworkofgod.org/Devotns/Rosary/Rsecrets/secret.htm
Wow! That is wonderful that parts of the Secret of the Rosary are online! It’s full of amazing information, for example, one of my favorites from the nineteenth rose:

“Blessed Alan says that a nun who had always had a great devotion to the Holy Rosary appeared after death to one of her sisters in religion and said to her: “If I were allowed to go back into my body, to have the chance of saying just one single Hail Mary - even if I said it quickly and without great fervor - I would gladly go through the sufferings that I had during my last illness all over again, in order to gain the merit of this prayer.” (Blessed Alan de la Roche, De Dignitate Psalterii, Chapter LXIX) This is all the more compelling because she had been bedridden and had suffered agonizing pains for several years before she died.”

Thanks for sharing, Eireann!

40.png
CatholicSam:
Wow! That is wonderful that parts of the Secret of the Rosary are online! It’s full of amazing information, for example, one of my favorites from the nineteenth rose:
No problemo, it’s the power of google. 😉

phoebecat3:
Don’t be afraid to pray the rosary! I am a Methodist, I pray it every day…I was sick yesterday, & missed praying it, & today, it was the first thing I thought of to do! Now, my life seems “back in order”.
It is a wonderful prayer which teaches the value of mediatting on the Scriptures, especially the life of Christ.
My prayer life was basically dead on the vine when I turned to the rosary. At first, it was just the fact that it was “structured” that worked for me…I had the little book in front of me, with a little description from scripture of the scene, & I said the prayers…pretty much by rote, to start with.
Then I discovered that praying the rosary is amazing–I wanted to pray more, I wanted to study my Bible. Just as so many have said down through the years, “Mary always leads you to her Son”.
So, if the only reason you don’t pray it, is that it is a Cathoilic prayer, come & “jump in–the water is fine!!”
God bless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back