B
Bdonoho
Guest
Hey Guys.
I have someone over at my house who is a well read Protestant charismatic. He is well read albeit not a teacher. He says he used to be catholic. My question is this: does having him over violate 2 John? While at first my conscience had qualms about it, after talking to him it seemed that we both were earnest seekers of truth. Still, on reflection, my conscience wasn’t completely clear and I was looking for reasons not to have to kick this guy out on the streets (he’s homeless, but he’s only been homeless for 19 days. He’s definitely of sound kind and doesn’t fit the category of your average homeless man.)
After no small amount of argument, we both went to bed. Now, I’ve woken up, and still feel I violated my conscience by entertaining a heretic. Honestly, when I was arguing with him last night, my foundation didn’t seem firm at all. He argued with child like fidelity to the bible, all I had were appeals to history and the church fathers (all tge while struggling with smug self satisfaction at how much more I knew than this bible only fundamentalist). So at the end of the night, I went to bed tired and confused. How do I deal with this situation?
I have someone over at my house who is a well read Protestant charismatic. He is well read albeit not a teacher. He says he used to be catholic. My question is this: does having him over violate 2 John? While at first my conscience had qualms about it, after talking to him it seemed that we both were earnest seekers of truth. Still, on reflection, my conscience wasn’t completely clear and I was looking for reasons not to have to kick this guy out on the streets (he’s homeless, but he’s only been homeless for 19 days. He’s definitely of sound kind and doesn’t fit the category of your average homeless man.)
After no small amount of argument, we both went to bed. Now, I’ve woken up, and still feel I violated my conscience by entertaining a heretic. Honestly, when I was arguing with him last night, my foundation didn’t seem firm at all. He argued with child like fidelity to the bible, all I had were appeals to history and the church fathers (all tge while struggling with smug self satisfaction at how much more I knew than this bible only fundamentalist). So at the end of the night, I went to bed tired and confused. How do I deal with this situation?