Pray and Worship the Father

  • Thread starter Thread starter thirddec
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

thirddec

Guest
I am exploring the Trinity Doctrine and I have to admit that its tricky. But one thing thats clear Trinity or no Trinity is that Christ always urges us to pray and worship the Father. He asks us to copy his example and follow what he preached but its clear that Christ always sees the Father as greater than him and deserving of our worship and praise and the focus of our prayers. Christ gave us one prayer also guess what it was the “Our Father”.
Is it just me or does message of the Prayers to the Father get drowned out in all the prayers to Intermediaries to pray for us.Is there even a church date purely dedicated to The Father. Im not saying there is anything wrong with the other practices all I’m saying is should we no be Placing the Father at the centre of our worship and prayers directly rather than indirectly through Christ and the saints. Im not saying eliminate Christ from out thoughts and prayers but maybe we should emphasise the Father much more.

I hope I expressed my thoughts properly and that people can see what I mean.

Romans 15:5-6

May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you the same attitude of mind toward each other that Christ Jesus had, so that with one mind and one voice you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
 
Liturgically, the vast majority of our prayers are directed to the Father. In fact in the Roman Rite, the great Eucharistic Prayer is addressed to the Father (though the modern “Memorial Acclamation” is addressed to the Son).
 
Since they are in the presence of God, asking the saints, especially Mary to pray for us makes perfect sense. They can intereced on our behalf quite well, bbeing right there with God.

The Book of Revelation tells us that angels and the elders in heaven present our prayers before God’s throne.

-Tim-
 
Thank you for that information; Im not a traditionalist but all my reading around suggests that Christ would be happier with the older version I wonder why that was changed.
 
to Timothy I dont have any issue with intersecion of saints but i just wonder if the balance is correct.

but thank you for your help in exploring this important issue.

Love and respect
 
But one thing thats clear Trinity or no Trinity is that Christ always urges us to pray and worship the Father.
In the book of Revelation, Jesus (the Lamb) is worshiped along with the Father.
Is there even a church date purely dedicated to The Father.
Actually, there is no liturgical feast for the Father, or for the Son, or for the Holy Spirit, as individual Persons of the Trinity (in Their divinity). There is the Solemnity of the Most Holy Trinity, but not for individual Persons.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top