Pray for the conversion of islam?

• Thread starter Thread starter robertaf
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

robertaf

Greetings Church

For most of my Catholic life, we, the Church, prayed for the conversion of Russia. Do you remember?
It would appear that God heard our prayers.

Would it then be appropriate for the Church to pray for the conversion of Islam?

With out a doubt. PRAY FOR ISLAM’S CONVERSION.

Pray for them, but balance that with a very real need at self defense.

Remember, even Jesus lost His temper and struck the enemy. Remember the event in the Temple with the money changers?

We prayed for the conversion of the USSR, but at the same time, we did NOT let down our defenses. We should do the same with Islam.

robertaf said:
[Would it then be appropriate for the Church to pray for the conversion of Islam?

I would suspect that pastors trying this would find themselves called “insensitive”.
[/quote]

Good point, thank you…

Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on us

I don’t think we should pray for the conversion of Islam, but we should definetly pray for the conversion of Muslims. We should also pray for the safety of former Muslims who have converted to Christianity.

The penalty for apostasy from Islam is death. I wouldn’t be surprised if there are many “closet” Christians among Muslims. When evangelising to Muslims the Western world ought also be prepared for the possibility that many former Muslims will be refugees.

There is an organisation of former Muslims who have converted to Christianity (mostly Pentecostal) in Norway. The name of the organisation is KABA. Every Ramadhan (the Muslim month of fasting) they pray for the conversion of Muslims. KABA say that 25 million Christians are joined in prayer for the conversions of Muslims. Ramadhan is this year starting around Oct. 16, depending of the sighting of the new moon.

Maybe all of us Catholic Answers forum members should pray for the conversions of Muslims during the month of Ramadhan. Maybe we could pray the Rosary daily for the conversion of Muslims and the safety of Christian ex-Muslims.

As the previous post states, it is Muslims, the people whom Christians should pray for, because unlike other faiths, Islamic authorities are quite intolerant of conversion efforts by Christians, and penalizes severely Muslims who abandon their Islamic faith.

Gerry

Good Morning Church

Thank you Sunniva and RobedWithLight!
I am going to have to learn how to use the correct terms before opening threads! :o
I seem to get this one wrong far too often.
Of course it is the Muslim people whose conversion we should pray for. I tend to think Islam means, ALL Muslim people the same as Christianity means all Christian people. Please explain to me where I am going wrong. I could take the time to go look this up but I seem to be missing something whenever I do. Now, I need it explained to me.

I do remember always praying for the Conversion of Russia. Having been very active in the Anti-Communist movement as a young woman, I agree whole heartedly we must always be prepared to defend.

When Americans of good will look at Iraq and Afghanistan today, the most poignant question heard is: “What can I do?”

Two of the best ways I’ve found to do this is via a couple of non-profit groups; [www.spiritofamerica.net](http://www.spiritofamerica.net/) and www.iraqischools.com
(There are other great organizations which do fine work towards the same ends such as:
http://www.operationiraqichildren.org/ and http://www.operationican.com which also deserve a look).

**Spirit Of America **works closely with the United States Marines to match money and material to specific needs in Iraq and Afghanistan. Bypassing traditional charities and non-government agencies, the organization uses the Internet to highlight specific needs

For instance, current requests include sewing machines and seed money to set up additional small sewing centers in Iraq, construction tools and training for young Iraqi men, school supply kits, water storage barrels, frisbees and soccer balls for Iraqi children, and shoes, clothes and tools for villagers in remote Afghanistan. See: www.spiritofamerica.net. These efforts help to “teach a man to fish”, getting them involved in the rebuilding and modernization of their countries and contributes to better economic conditions for their families.

Iraqi Schools.com. This organization is run by troops in Iraqi see: www.iraqschools.com. This web site allows people who want to help “win the peace”, donate school supplies to children who are going back to school in Iraq. These troops and the people who donate to via this site know that when we help this younger generation of Muslims to appreciate and value freedom and education, it makes them less likely to espouse violent extremist views. This helps make our troops safer and protects America by “draining the swap” of terrorists. Imagine the gratitude and goodwill these children’s parents must feel when you help their child get an education!

Please check out these sites and see for yourself the good works that they do. Take a look at the pictures of the children’s smiles who receive this support. Most importantly, your concern and actions are visible demonstrations of how you can “love thine enemy”. Together we can improve the deplorable conditions that breed extremism and violence and create a more peaceful world for our families.

My answer to the question of “What can I do”, is that the more I am able to give, the more I want to help and tell others.

What’s yours?

Please forward this to your friends, coworkers, church groups, etc. so we can make as substantial a difference as possible.

God bless,
Spencer J. Brady
Houston, TX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back