Prayer Corner

• Thread starter Thread starter Jenlyn
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jenlyn

I was reading the Catachesim, 2691, about prayer corners for personal prayer at home.

If you have a prayer corner in your home what do you have in it, how much space do you allow for it, and where is it in your home?

Jen

I allowed a room some simply use a corner. But where ever you have a minute and can focus on prayer Christ is there! But having a space simply where you can go and pray is nice. I have a large crucifix, religious pictures, many good books, and holy water. But as I said sometimes getting into that corner is great but the prayer is most important and if you always rely on that little corner what happens if you go to the grocery store and someone gets in the 12 items or less line with 20 items the prayer corner at that point is most important so first put the corner in your heart and build from there.

Thanks for the reminder, I will talk to my wife about putting one in.

40.png
Toni:
I allowed a room some simply use a corner. But where ever you have a minute and can focus on prayer Christ is there! But having a space simply where you can go and pray is nice. I have a large crucifix, religious pictures, many good books, and holy water. But as I said sometimes getting into that corner is great but the prayer is most important and if you always rely on that little corner what happens if you go to the grocery store and someone gets in the 12 items or less line with 20 items the prayer corner at that point is most important so first put the corner in your heart and build from there.
You have described the true meaning of a prayer corner perfectly!👍
A good reminder to me!
Thank you for this!

Toni,

I use the side of my bed. Yes, prayer is important where ever you are. I pray throughout the day no matter where I am. I pray with my kids when ever and where ever it is needed.

I just want a place when I’m at home with my family of six and we all have a quiet place to go. Also this place represents a place in our home that is for prayer and reflection. No one there should be disturbed! 🙂

I want to instill in my kids the importance of prayer. I want them to see my husband and I pray, so we can model for them. I want them to see that place and think hum, maybe I should spend some quiet time and not watch t.v.

Thanks for you suggestions. I have a tiny house with every room and wall taken. I’m working on figuring out where I could place it.

Peace,
Jen

My living room has no TV. I have a family room. Therefore I use the corner seat in my living room that loks out the front window. I think it’s important to pray in the same place at the same time everyday. It has also become the holy place in my home.

I dont think it really matters. The important thing is you want to be alone without any distractions. Just you and the Lord Jesus Christ. If it helps you might want to put a sheet over you and create your own closet.How awesome it is to communicate with our Loving God.He helps us to draw close to His heart. Thank you Lord. 👍

40.png
SPOKENWORD:
I dont think it really matters. The important thing is you want to be alone without any distractions. Just you and the Lord Jesus Christ. If it helps you might want to put a sheet over you and create your own closet.How awesome it is to communicate with our Loving God.He helps us to draw close to His heart. Thank you Lord. 👍
I have to disagree with you on this. The best place to pray of course is at Adoration. Think of the time and care that went into making it a place of worship. There are books, candles, pictures, statues all there to make the place beautiful and prayerful for Jesus and for us.

That is why I think a place at home that is designated for prayer where thought has been given as to where and what is there matters. I want a place that calls me to prayer. Keeps me from distraction.

Saint Teresa, Little Flower, had alters in her backyard. I even believe I read that she had a place inside her home for prayer as well, I could be wrong on this.

I do agree that we can pray anywhere at anytime, but I think that a prayer corner is a special place in your home dedicated to Jesus. A place that invites you to pray.

Peace,
Jen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back