Prayer for Those Not Receiving Communion

• Thread starter Thread starter lily628
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lily628

I heard this beautiful prayer on a mass on EWTN radio, and I wanted to share it with you all, especially anyone who is in the conversion process or for some other reason cannot receive communion.
Act of Spiritual Communion
My Jesus, I believe that You are in the Blessed Sacrament. I love You above all things, and I long for You in my soul. Since I cannot now receive You sacramentally, come at least spiritually into my heart. As though You have already come, I embrace You and unite myself entirely to You; never permit me to be separated from You.

I recommend printing it out and bringing it to mass with you. This is what I plan to do. I think it will help appease the longing to receive Christ at times when you are not able to do so. At this time during mass, I also thank the Lord for blessing me so much, as to bring me to the Catholic faith. Even though I am facing probably the greatest trial of my life, I also feel more blessed here than I have ever been before. God is so good!

That’s a beautiful prayer, Lily. I remember it from my missal when I was a young girl.

It’s good to make a Spiritual Communion many times a day. Here’s another nice one from St. Josemaria Escriva:
  • I wish, my Lord, to receive You, with the purity, humility and devotion with which Your most holy Mother received You, with the spirit and fervor of the saints.*
Betsy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back