Prayer group meetings before work

• Thread starter Thread starter Jenlyn
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jenlyn

I have a wonderful opportunity to start a prayer group at work. There are several catholics in the building but a friend and I are trying to be a little more inclusive.

We have come up with the readings of the day, morning prayer and the rosary.

Do any of you have prayer groups that meet before the work day?

What do you do?

How do keep people who want to talk business away?

Dear Jenlyn

That’s beautiful. Besides your Rosary and Sacred Scripture readings I can only say this…

Work is prayer, remember that, remember that everything you do and every word you say is a prayer before God in the intimate life He lives with us. As I always say, life is prayer. Therefore my suggestion to you is to include in your prayer meeting an offering of your day to God, this is something non-Catholics and Catholics alike can do and will be an inclusive prayer. If people want to discuss work, invite them to offer their work to God, their struggles and sufferings, their successes and promotions, saying what they do and for what intentions they offer it for and also whether for reparation, obtaining graces for themselves or others, sacrifice or glorifying His Name. (This will not only offer all of your lives to God, but will give great insight into each others work and appreciation and comradeship of each other, helping each other in the workplace understand each others work and difficulties and successes in which will benefit all, in short loving each other as brothers and sisters in sharing before Our Father in prayer)

You know one single prayer said from the heart in our own words is worth a million Our Fathers and Hail Mary’s.

I tell my daughter she is my greatest prayer to God 🙂 , wasn’t our Blessed Virgin Mother Mary’s greatest prayer, during her earthly life, her co-redemptive work of life with Jesus?

Before you know it Jenlyn, this handing over of the day and all it’s work, to God, will result in recollection of God throughout the day for all and you will see so many graces poured upon your little community at work.

I will pray for your prayer group at work.

God Bless you and much love and peace to you

Teresa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back