Prayer Life

  • Thread starter Thread starter Catholic_EC
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Catholic_EC

Guest
I’m not sure if this is the right forum for this question but I am confident that the moderators will put it in the correct one. It’s been a long time since I posted in CAF so here it goes. My question is, sometimes I have periods where I can’t get motivated to pray and I have to really work at getting started, once I get started I can finish. some times I just skip daily prayers all together. I have noticed that this really started around the 2nd week of Lent. I am not doing anything out of the ordinary or rigorous for Lent so I can say I’m not taking on too much. Just wondering if this is a normal thing in prayer life and if I just need to let it run it’s course. thanks for your (name removed by moderator)ut.
 
I’m not sure if this is the right forum for this question but I am confident that the moderators will put it in the correct one. It’s been a long time since I posted in CAF so here it goes. My question is, sometimes I have periods where I can’t get motivated to pray and I have to really work at getting started, once I get started I can finish. some times I just skip daily prayers all together. I have noticed that this really started around the 2nd week of Lent. I am not doing anything out of the ordinary or rigorous for Lent so I can say I’m not taking on too much. Just wondering if this is a normal thing in prayer life and if I just need to let it run it’s course. thanks for your (name removed by moderator)ut.
The Lord will surely appreciate your working at getting started to pray! I remember many years ago when I committed to saying specific prayers every morning, it always began that I had to force myself to start. By the time I got to the 3rd page, I was into the prayer and so glad I started.

Do not allow the evil one to cause you to skip your daily prayers.

God bless you on your spiritual journey to Him.
 
But praying can be just talking to God, as with a friend!
If you only say “thank you Lord, I love you Lord” (a priest in a homily recently stressed the importance of telling Him that we love Him), that is already a prayer. If you add WHAT you are grateful for, you may do that too. If you feel sad, you can tell Him you are sad.
If you feel you don’t know how to get started with praying, you can just tell Him that too and ask Him to help you :).
Somehow I feel it is best when praying becomes such a natural thing… just us not going through life alone, but with somebody we can always talk to…
 
I’m not sure if this is the right forum for this question but I am confident that the moderators will put it in the correct one. It’s been a long time since I posted in CAF so here it goes. My question is, sometimes I have periods where I can’t get motivated to pray and I have to really work at getting started, once I get started I can finish. some times I just skip daily prayers all together. I have noticed that this really started around the 2nd week of Lent. I am not doing anything out of the ordinary or rigorous for Lent so I can say I’m not taking on too much. Just wondering if this is a normal thing in prayer life and if I just need to let it run it’s course. thanks for your (name removed by moderator)ut.
My opinion is that unless you work at getting your prayer life back on track, it can easily get worse. It’s easy to let “not praying” become a habit.
 
Sometimes it helps if you just look at a picture of Jesus for a while each day.

Treat what you are going thru as any other temptation you experience…by going against it.

May the Good Shepherd fill you with peace.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top