Prayer out load or silent, does it matter?

• Thread starter Thread starter dizzy_dave
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dizzy_dave

Does it matter if we pray silently or out load, if I’m saying a Rosary which way is best? If I’m praying intercessory prayers to the Saints can they hear me if I pray silently (in my head)?

Technically, it doesn’t matter whether you say prayers in your heart or out loud. But part of the contemplative power of reciting the Rosary is the reciting itself – saying the Hail Marys out loud; this way, the words become like a mantra that help us to focus on the contemplation.

Hope this helps,
S4ntA.

Both types of prayers are acceptable and one or the other is preferred in certain cases. For example:

When you are at Eucharistic Adoration or in a work setting, silent prayers are prefered.

When you in a community setting like Mass or other settings like Morning or Evening Prayers, out loud is prefered.

When you are alone, it depends on what you are more comfortable with.

PF

Courtesy is also an issue.

If you are praying by yourself near others, praying outloud may be rude towards them, distracting them from what they are trying to do. So in these cases, you should pray interiorly (mentally)

God hears our spoken words and our thoughts and makes them present to the saints :getholy: and angels :angel1: when needed.

T.A.Stobie:
Courtesy is also an issue.

If you are praying by yourself near others, praying outloud may be rude towards them, distracting them from what they are trying to do. So in these cases, you should pray interiorly (mentally)

God hears our spoken words and our thoughts and makes them present to the saints :getholy: and angels :angel1: when needed.
If God hears our prayers why would He present our prayers to the saints and angels? Would He present the prayers so that He can recieve them again? Angels are ministers and servants of God. They are commisioned by the Almighty. 👍

40.png
SPOKENWORD:
If God hears our prayers why would He present our prayers to the saints and angels? Would He present the prayers so that He can recieve them again? Angels are ministers and servants of God. They are commisioned by the Almighty. 👍
We are instructed often in the bible to pray for one another. If we ask someone (an angel or saint for example) in Heaven to pray for us, God lets them hear our prayer so that they can pray for us.

God can also hear you ask a friend on earth to pray for you. It is foolish then to ask them to pray for you? No. It allows us to love each other by praying for the other’s needs.

If the prayers of the righteous avail much, why shouldn’t the angels and saints pray for us as part of their love for us? Why shouldn’t we invoke their intercession? People in heaven are very much alive.

T.A.Stobie:
We are instructed often in the bible to pray for one another. If we ask someone (an angel or saint for example) in Heaven to pray for us, God lets them hear our prayer so that they can pray for us.

God can also hear you ask a friend on earth to pray for you. It is foolish then to ask them to pray for you? No. It allows us to love each other by praying for the other’s needs.

If the prayers of the righteous avail much, why shouldn’t the angels and saints pray for us as part of their love for us? Why shouldn’t we invoke their intercession? People in heaven are very much alive.
It is my understanding that in the book of revelation the angels and saints are the servants of God who collect these prayers and present them before the throne. To say they are praying for us is only speculation and we will only know when we get there. 😉

40.png
SPOKENWORD:
To say they are praying for us is only speculation.
I disagree. I do not believe that people can sin in heaven. We are called to loved God with our whole heart, mind, and soul and to love our neighbors as ourselves. As part of this loving our neighbor is praying for them. If I choose not to love, I sin. I believe those in heaven choose to love all the time and thus do pray for us when we ask.

The Bible states that nothing impure can enter Heaven.

Can you show me any authoritative source that shows we can sin in Heaven?

T.A.Stobie:
I disagree. I do not believe that people can sin in heaven. We are called to loved God with our whole heart, mind, and soul and to love our neighbors as ourselves. As part of this loving our neighbor is praying for them. If I choose not to love, I sin. I believe those in heaven choose to love all the time and thus do pray for us when we ask.

The Bible states that nothing impure can enter Heaven.

Can you show me any authoritative source that shows we can sin in Heaven?
Im a little confused by your statement. How did you come up the idea that I said :confused: sin will enter into heaven?

40.png
SPOKENWORD:
Im a little confused by your statement. How did you come up the idea that I said :confused: sin will enter into heaven?
You implied that the saints would not pray for us.

I think courtesy and not disrupting others nearby is important, but I find prayer out loud to be powerful for me. It slows my racing mind down, and I can often tell more from my spoken voice how sincere or passionate I am in prayer.

Probably not–but every person must answer that question for oneself. What is most important is well expressed by the old Baltimore Catechism–“Prayer is the turning of the heart and mind to God”.

40.png
Fortiterinre:
I think courtesy and not disrupting others nearby is important, but I find prayer out loud to be powerful for me. It slows my racing mind down, and I can often tell more from my spoken voice how sincere or passionate I am in prayer.
Yes same for me, I talk so much anyway that I find if I’m in the car I am talking out loud to Christ, and don’t care what the other drivers think.

40.png
PilgrimJWT:
Probably not–but every person must answer that question for oneself. What is most important is well expressed by the old Baltimore Catechism–“Prayer is the turning of the heart and mind to God”.
Well said, Pilgrim! Annunciata:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back