Prayer--strength/power of

• Thread starter Thread starter Zarozinnia
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

Zarozinnia

Hi,

I have a question and I don’t even know if I can put it into words and make sense. A friend just told me about a situation that needs some serious prayers! So many prayers to say, and no more extra time to say them in…if I say one Rosary with several petitions, is it less powerful than if I say a separate Rosary for each petition? (I’m guessing so.) I would think that the more Rosaries the better, but one has only so much time, unfortunately. I do pray throughout the day for various things, just naturally, like talking, and I know that is powerful, no?

Thanks!!!

While it’s admirable to pray a Rosary for each petition, most people don’t have that kind of time or the ability to keep focus over the course of such a lengthy undertaking.

I almost always pray a Rosary with several petitions. I think the important thing is to get your petitions heard. Surely it’s better to have several petitions with a Rosary, rather than endeavor to have one petition per Rosary and not have enough time or concentration to cover all your intentions.

Well, I generally pray one Rosary a day, and put all my intentions into that one. However, if I have some particularly important intention, I will find a good stopping place in my work and say a separate Rosary just for that. I also go to Mass every week day and Sunday, so I have also gone to Mass 15 minutes earlier than usual to say a Rosary for extremely important intentions.

Eamon

Try to do your work/ family/ social etc duties really well, and offer them up as your prayer too. Do 30% for this, 10% for that…
This way you can offer up many hours of prayer for the intentions.
Offer up any fatigue, frustration etc also. Do it consciously…for God , for these intentions. Turn to God and let Him know what your doing etc Converse with God throughout the day. Not constantly, but here and there. This keeps you focused. Keeps the prayer going.
Continue your devotions. Just start some new ones.

40.png
Zarozinnia:
Hi,

I …if I say one Rosary with several petitions, is it less powerful than if I say a separate Rosary for each petition? (I’m guessing so.) I would think that the more Rosaries the better, but one has only so much time, unfortunately. I do pray throughout the day for various things, just naturally, like talking, and I know that is powerful, no?

Thanks!!!
during Mass we state specific intentions for the universal Church and its leaders, world nations and leaders, our country, community, parish and families, and add our personal intentions to these, so the answer is yes, you can unite many intentions in one prayer, either by naming each one before you begin, or asking Mary to intercede on behalf of all those who have asked you to pray.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back