Prayer to St. Joseph for employment

• Thread starter Thread starter ojmom
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
O

ojmom

I’ve been searching everywhere for a prayer asking St. Joseph’s aid in finding employment. Does anyone have the text? Thanks!

Lord Jesus Christ, through the intercession of St Joseph, I turn to you seeking your divine help and guidance as I look for suitable employment.
St Joseph, my father and lord, I need your wisdom to guide my footsteps along the right path, and to lead me to find the proper things to say and do in this quest. I wish to use the gifts and talents God has given me, but I need the opportunity to do so with gainful employment.
Do not abandon me, dear St Joseph, in this search, but rather grant me this favor I seek so that I may return to you with praise and thanksgiving for your gracious assistance.
Holy St Joseph, model of all who labour. Hear my prayer.
Amen

John Russell Jr:
Lord Jesus Christ, through the intercession of St Joseph, I turn to you seeking your divine help and guidance as I look for suitable employment.
St Joseph, my father and lord, I need your wisdom to guide my footsteps along the right path, and to lead me to find the proper things to say and do in this quest. I wish to use the gifts and talents God has given me, but I need the opportunity to do so with gainful employment.
Do not abandon me, dear St Joseph, in this search, but rather grant me this favor I seek so that I may return to you with praise and thanksgiving for your gracious assistance.
Holy St Joseph, model of all who labour. Hear my prayer.
Amen
Isn’t that like EXTREME blasphemy?!?!

Yeah, I pray through the intercession of the Saints all the time, but that one line caught my eye as being a little “off”.

I too am looking for employment with little luck. 😦

God Bless,
Elizabeth

40.png
kyle8921:
No, not at all. Have you never read Shakespeare? “Lord” is only a sign of respect. The term has been used for millenia to refer to peope we respect and not confiend to any deity, nor does it imply any dort of divinity. It does not call St.Joseph God. Since Catholicism is old, it only stands to reason that some of the language used in its prayes will be old too.

But here is another prayer asking for St. Joseph’s intercession for employment:

God our Father and our Creator, You bestow on us gifts and talents to develop and use in accord with Your will.

Grant to me, through the intercession of St. Joseph the worker, as model and guide, employment and work, as I may, with dignity, provide for those who depend on me for care and support.

Grant me the opportunities to use my energy and my talents and abilities for the good of all, and the glory of Your name. Amen.

No, not at all. Have you never read Shakespeare? “Lord” is only a sign of respect. The term has been used for millenia to refer to peope we respect and not confiend to any deity, nor does it imply any dort of divinity. It does not call St.Joseph God. Since Catholicism is old, it only stands to reason that some of the language used in its prayes will be old too.
That’s interesting. I had never used the word “Lord” in any other manner, so I just assumed it always was referring to a deity or divinity.

I guess you learn something new everyday.

God Bless,
Elizabeth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back