Prayers for perpetual adoration

• Thread starter Thread starter BonnieBj
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BonnieBj

Our church is starting Perpetual Adoration this week, in line with the Year of the Eucharist. What prayers are appropriate or used during this time. If I just sit or kneel there for an hour without having some specific prayers I will fall asleep. Meditation would also make me fall asleep. I know the Lord understands bu some guidance would very much be appreciated.

You could find litanys of Praise.
I have a few Praise prayers, if you would like. Some people pray the Rosary, or Divine Mercy

You could also read the Bible. Either pick a book, or open randomly—sometimes people find answers to questions in this manner.

SuZ

there are dozens of devotionals specifically for holy hours and adoration, but there are no rules. pray, don’t pray, genuflect and kneel when you first come in, and during exposition and reposition of the blessed sacrament, but it is not required to kneel the entire time, unless you want to and are able to. you might want to begin with prayer, reading His word in the scripture of the day, asking for your needs and intereceeding for others. most of the time should just be spent looking at Him and listening with the heart. When you go visit a friend or parent do you spend all the time talking? don’t you listen to the other person?

That is beautiful! You will love it! I pray the rosary, the Chaplet of Divine Mercy, then I do the stations of the cross. I love the idea that Jesus is walking next to me as I move from station to station.

You can just sit and have quiet time to let Jesus talk to you, or just have a conversation with him without reciting prayer.

I would recommend a book called “Come to Me in the Blessed Sacrament” by Fr. Vincent Lucia. It’s published by St. Pauls and has 10 ‘guided’ holy hours. I found it really helpful.

THERE ARE MANY PRAYER YOU CAN USE, INCLUDING THE ROSARY AND THE DIVINE MERCY CHAPLET. ONE BOOK I LIKE IS, “THE IMITATION OF CHRIST,” by THOMAS A KEMPIS. IT HAS A SECTION DEDICATED TO PARYER BEFORE THE BLESSED SACRAMENT.

40.png
DJJG:
THERE ARE MANY PRAYER YOU CAN USE, INCLUDING THE ROSARY AND THE DIVINE MERCY CHAPLET. ONE BOOK I LIKE IS, “THE IMITATION OF CHRIST,” by THOMAS A KEMPIS. IT HAS A SECTION DEDICATED TO PARYER BEFORE THE BLESSED SACRAMENT.
I like all of those as well. Other resources I like to use include the Liturgy of the Hours and the Bible. Just open the Bible at any place and start reading in ‘conversation’ with the Lord. Read a while, stop to listen to Him, ask Him what it means for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back