Prayers of non-Christians

• Thread starter Thread starter Lance
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lance

I know that God hears the prayers of all people. Do you believe he answers the prayers of non-Christians? What about prayers to false gods i.e. Hunduism or Buddhism?

I think that everytime ANYONE calls upon the ONE and TRUE God of the Holy Trinity, then that prayer is heard. As for false gods, well they are in effect praying to nothing, so no they are not heard. God Bless you xxx

Kings1 Chapter18

19 Now summon all Israel to me on Mount Carmel, as well as the four hundred and fifty prophets of Baal and the four hundred prophets of Asherah who eat at Jezebel’s table." 20 So Ahab sent to all the Israelites and had the prophets assemble on Mount Carmel. 21 Elijah appealed to all the people and said, “How long will you straddle the issue? If the LORD is God, follow him; if Baal, follow him.” The people, however, did not answer him. 22 So Elijah said to the people, “I am the only surviving prophet of the LORD, and there are four hundred and fifty prophets of Baal. 23 Give us two young bulls. Let them choose one, cut it into pieces, and place it on the wood, but start no fire. I shall prepare the other and place it on the wood, but shall start no fire. 24 You shall call on the name of your gods, and I will call on the name of the LORD. The God who answers with fire is God.” All the people answered, “Agreed!” 25 Elijah then said to the prophets of Baal, “Choose one young bull and prepare it first, for there are more of you. Call upon your gods, but do not start the fire.” 26 Taking the young bull that was turned over to them, they prepared it and called on Baal from morning to noon, saying, “Answer us, Baal!” But there was no sound, and no one answering. And they hopped around the altar they had prepared. 27 When it was noon, Elijah taunted them: “Call louder, for he is a god and may be meditating, or may have retired, or may be on a journey. Perhaps he is asleep and must be awakened.” 28 They called out louder and slashed themselves with swords and spears, as was their custom, until blood gushed over them. 29 Noon passed and they remained in a prophetic state until the time for offering sacrifice. But there was not a sound; no one answered, and no one was listening. 30 Then Elijah said to all the people, “Come here to me.” When they had done so, he repaired the altar of the LORD which had been destroyed. 31 He took twelve stones, for the number of tribes of the sons of Jacob, to whom the LORD had said, “Your name shall be Israel.” 32 He built an altar in honor of the LORD with the stones, and made a trench around the altar large enough for two seahs of grain. 33 When he had arranged the wood, he cut up the young bull and laid it on the wood. 34 “Fill four jars with water,” he said, “and pour it over the holocaust and over the wood.” “Do it again,” he said, and they did it again. “Do it a third time,” he said, and they did it a third time. 35 The water flowed around the altar, and the trench was filled with the water. 36 At the time for offering sacrifice, the prophet Elijah came forward and said, “LORD, God of Abraham, Isaac, and Israel, let it be known this day that you are God in Israel and that I am your servant and have done all these things by your command. 37 Answer me, LORD! Answer me, that this people may know that you, LORD, are God and that you have brought them back to their senses.” 38 The LORD’S fire came down and consumed the holocaust, wood, stones, and dust, and it lapped up the water in the trench. 39 Seeing this, all the people fell prostrate and said, “The LORD is God! The LORD is God!” 40

deut 4:29 says: ‘29But from there you will look for the Lord your God. And you will find Him if you look for Him with all your heart and soul.’

God hears all prayers, no matter who is praying. He does not, however, answer all prayers. there are numerous scriptures throughout the epistles that talk about ‘the effectual, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much’ and ‘the reason you don’t get what you ask for is because you ask for selfish reasons’.

as for praying to false gods, some are addressed to a void, while others are probably addressed to demons. the first would not be ‘heard’ in a formal sense, by anyone, while the latter may be heard, but the pray-er might wish they hadn’t been.

Not only does God hear the prayers of all who call upon him, but no one calls upon God without God having called to them first. Anyone who opens themselves to search for the truth is liable to hear His call and to feel moved to answer it. Once they do that, then their reply will, of course, be heard.

God sees within all hearts, and has implanted the desire for Him in all hearts, and He calls to all hearts. It follows He hears all who respond to His call.

Lance said:
I know that God hears the prayers of all people. Do you believe he answers the prayers of non-Christians? What about prayers to false gods i.e. Hunduism or Buddhism?
YES! I believe God calls every human being, knows every human being, knows our hearts and desiers, knows whether we have been given truth or not. God is always calling us closer to Him, so that we may become His children and live with Him forever in Heaven. He hears the prayers of all, including all those led astray or never given the Truth of Christ. He wants us all to convert our lives for Him, to worship and love Him, and allow the Holy Spirit to transform us to live a Holy life… and he gave us free will to freely choose to Love and obey Him because it is such an amazingly beautiful thing. He knows the hearts of all and judges us accordingly whether we love Him completely. I believe those who are given truth and intentionally turn away to a life of disobedience and reject Him will be rejected.
That being said… there is One Truth, One Lord, One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church, established by Christ and God is constantly calling us all to that Truth. I trust in His Divine Mercy and pray that we all have the opportunity and desire to pick up our crosses and follow Him. God answers all prayers, sometimes with a yes, sometimes with a no…but the answer will always lead us closer to Him and His TRUTH. God loves each of us and wants us know His Truth, Mercy and Love… He wants every human being to have a circumcised heart, so that we will be His children. He is the shepherd leading us all home, some of us will make it, some of us will not. I trust in His divine Mercy and Will.

God knew both Pagan, Gentile and Jews, his chosen people… If God had never heard the prayers of all Humanity He would not have called all to salvation. It doesn’t mean non-Christians are praying to God, but that God knows what they are searching for and wants them to find Him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back