T
Tommy999
Guest
On the way to work I sometimes listen to the Sonrise Morning Show on EWTN radio to learn more about the Catholic faith.
I noticed that when people like Matt Swaim pray, he always starts out “In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit… Amen”… I’ve also noticed other Catholics tend to do the same.
I want to better understand the reason for that, which I assume has to do with the Holy Trinity. The reason I ask is because it is not what I am accustomed to – not that there is anything wrong with it.
In my Protestant upbringing we also believe in the Trinity and the work of the Holy Spirit in the lives of believers as the one who is called alongside to help, the encourager, to convict us of sin, revealer of truth, etc.
However, I’ve mainly been around people who started out prayer with “Dear Heavenly Father”., “Dear God”, “Dear Lord”., or “Our Beloved Heavenly Father”,etc, and we always ended the prayer “In the name of Jesus, Amen.”
I don’t recall ever hearing the Holy Spirit as someone included to pray to “In the name of”.
Can someone explain the distinction and the significance of including the Holy Spirit in the prayer when addressing God in prayer? This inquiring mind would like to know.
Just curious. Thanks for your time.
I noticed that when people like Matt Swaim pray, he always starts out “In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit… Amen”… I’ve also noticed other Catholics tend to do the same.
I want to better understand the reason for that, which I assume has to do with the Holy Trinity. The reason I ask is because it is not what I am accustomed to – not that there is anything wrong with it.
In my Protestant upbringing we also believe in the Trinity and the work of the Holy Spirit in the lives of believers as the one who is called alongside to help, the encourager, to convict us of sin, revealer of truth, etc.
However, I’ve mainly been around people who started out prayer with “Dear Heavenly Father”., “Dear God”, “Dear Lord”., or “Our Beloved Heavenly Father”,etc, and we always ended the prayer “In the name of Jesus, Amen.”
I don’t recall ever hearing the Holy Spirit as someone included to pray to “In the name of”.
Can someone explain the distinction and the significance of including the Holy Spirit in the prayer when addressing God in prayer? This inquiring mind would like to know.
Just curious. Thanks for your time.