Praying the Hours

• Thread starter Thread starter newby
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
N

newby

I have gotten a book to pray the hours and boy, is it confusing. Can anyone help me with some direction? I appreciate anyone’s help.

Bless you all!

Newby

40.png
newby:
I have gotten a book to pray the hours and boy, is it confusing. Can anyone help me with some direction? I appreciate anyone’s help.

Bless you all!

Newby
Welcome to the club, Newby. Once you get the hang of praying the Hours you’ll miss it when you don’t. I am assumming that you have purchased the single volumn of the Hours. Two points. If you have the single volumn take it to a Catholic book store and ask for The Guide for Christian Prayer by the Catholic Book Publishing Co. and then ask if someone there will show you how to use it. It’s really not that hard. If you have purchased the four volumn set used by the clergy just let the clerk know that you want a Guide for the four volumn set. The Paulist stores are great. OR you can log on to www.liturgyhours.org and print the hours for each day in full 8x11 sheets or in booklet format to take with you, which is what I do. I stopped using my full book. The hard part with the latter is printing the pages front and back. That is also easy to do. It takes about five minutes. The instructions are rudimentary, but easy to figure out. I encourage you to stick with it. You’ll love it. Good luck.
BakerBob

BakerBob

Well, I did something right…I have the single volume and have the guide. I am just confused on how to begin. Thank you for your encouragement.

Bless you,

Newby
40.png
BakerBob:
Welcome to the club, Newby. Once you get the hang of praying the Hours you’ll miss it when you don’t. I am assumming that you have purchased the single volumn of the Hours. Two points. If you have the single volumn take it to a Catholic book store and ask for The Guide for Christian Prayer by the Catholic Book Publishing Co. and then ask if someone there will show you how to use it. It’s really not that hard. If you have purchased the four volumn set used by the clergy just let the clerk know that you want a Guide for the four volumn set. The Paulist stores are great. OR you can log on to www.liturgyhours.org and print the hours for each day in full 8x11 sheets or in booklet format to take with you, which is what I do. I stopped using my full book. The hard part with the latter is printing the pages front and back. That is also easy to do. It takes about five minutes. The instructions are rudimentary, but easy to figure out. I encourage you to stick with it. You’ll love it. Good luck.
BakerBob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back