Praying the Rosary, but with Pagans

• Thread starter Thread starter Episcopalian
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Episcopalian

Ok so a highly religious acquaintance invited me to attend an online rosary prayer session with him and a bunch of other folks in a movement called The Way of the Rose.

I went on their website, to check out this movement, and it looks like it allows for you to incorporate other forms of meditation while praying the rosary in place of the mysteries…very new agey (Father/Mother, Yin/yang, masculine/feminine) sorta stuff.

Not sure if it matters but this prayer circle would ordinarily be taking place in the Unitarian Church in my city too, but because of Covid it’s online.

Anyway, my question is, is it ok to participate in this rosary prayer circle if I suspect people are meditating more pagan sounding views? We’re all going to be chanting the appropriate Hail Mary’s and Our Father’s so all outward appearances would be normal.

I’m just concerned with inviting demonic sources into my life or something by participating.

incorporate other forms of meditation while praying the rosary in place of the mysteries…very new agey (Father/Mother, Yin/yang, masculine/feminine) sorta stuff.
Just…
ordinarily be taking place in the Unitarian Church
Say…
all outward appearances would be normal.
I’m just concerned with inviting demonic sources into my life or something by participating.
No.

Praying the Rosary with other Christians is one thing, praying a blasphemed corruption of the rosary with Unitarian-Universalist Pagans is quite another.

Let’s put it another way, would Ss. Peter and Paul or any of the Holy Apostles for that matter pray with the pagans? Or did they convert them by the power of the Holy Spirit? Or let’s put it another way, many of the early Christian Martyrs the Holy Church celebrates would not even offer a tiny bit of incense to Caesar as an idolatrous “god”, suffering horrible tortures and then death rather than give any credence to false belief.

Christians are not called to pray with pagans, we are called to love them and convert them to the Way of Our Lord Jesus Christ.

Last edited:
Sounds like you already know it’s inappropriate. I am pretty open-minded but I am always against using our devotions and sacramentals inappropriately. This is sacred to Catholics and if you are Catholic you should make a stand to say this is not ok with me. Giving in about things like this erodes the faith.

What is your intent in participating?

Last edited:
suspect people are meditating more pagan sounding views?
If I were praying with a bunch of other people, all that would matter to me is what I am praying. How would I even know what they are meditating on? The previous posters have offered very sound advice if you are uncertain in any way. My own thinking, however, is that you would be in no danger over your fear of inviting demonic sources into your life. Clearly you are issuing no such invitation by act or by intention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back